Cock Of The North

Hi all just thought I would see if anybody else on here has any pictures of this event. After reading The Lurcher Training And Hunting by Frank Sheardown I discovered that my dad was pictured on page 11. After showing him he told me he was the first person to win this Event.

From what I can gather it was the last qualifying round at wolsingham show and he entered. He won the qualifier which put him in the final which was held that day. All the other winners from previous shows and my dad were then judged on that day and he won :-) I think the year was 1989/1990

post-57434-0-05813600-1383591229_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all just thought I would see if anybody else on here has any pictures of this event. After reading The Lurcher Training And Hunting by Frank Sheardown I discovered that my dad was pictured on page 11. After showing him he told me he was the first person to win this Event.

From what I can gather it was the last qualifying round at wolsingham show and he entered. He won the qualifier which put him in the final which was held that day. All the other winners from previous shows and my dad were then judged on that day and he won :-) I think the year was 1989/1990

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Frank Sheardown there's a name from the past.I used to go coursing with him in the long ago.

Nice old fella.

He must have been gone a good few years now.

Alright mate I have just started that book what did you think about it??I haven't read much of it because I've skipped to the dog training bit to see if there was any thing new to go in to the training of my pup but unfortunately it was just what I have picked up off other people over the years so it wasn't much help so going to start it from the beginning to see what it's like

Alright mate I have just started that book what did you think about it??I haven't read much of it because I've skipped to the dog training bit to see if there was any thing new to go in to the training of my pup but unfortunately it was just what I have picked up off other people over the years so it wasn't much help so going to start it from the beginning to see what it's like

old school book but quality, the guy had hunting in his blood for sure :thumbs:

Alright mate I have just started that book what did you think about it??I haven't read much of it because I've skipped to the dog training bit to see if thegre was any thing new to go in to the training of my pup but unfortunately it was just what I have picked up off other people over the years so it wasn't much help so going to start it from the beginning to see what it's like

old school book but quality, the guy had hunting in his blood for sure :thumbs:

good I am looking forward to reading it and his views of different lurcher crosses

Got res champ in the cotn finals with a terrier a few years ago, lurcher entry's have really declined at that show over the past couple of years first time we went was 4 or 5 years ago and it was busy with lurchers and terriers but this years championship entries were low, nice to see old pics and that looks a nice type or lurcher.

Think i was there that day, my old dog flynn was in the Final also. i was fecking robbed lol

Yeah

Cock of the North was always held at Wolsingham and still is.

For a while thru the 90's it was well fixed.

A certain click judging and picking one anothers dogs so to speak bred the same way.

It was common knowlege but prob just after 89-90

Nice old pic.

Dont really know much about that lol, just know he put her in on the off chance.

Must be some more old pictures?