Hoping to go there on Saturday, depends on work really...........Al :drink:

that's it then.........no can go, too much on :( , annoying thing is, I am close to Birmingham tomorrow evening :wallbash: .

Mind you our little girl is a bit miffed :( , was really looking forward to meeting up with some of you lot on here :icon_eek: :icon_eek: , especially "Ferretlove" and "Strong Stuff" :icon_eek: .............there'll be another time I'm sure B)

Have a good time folks..................Al :drink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's it then.........no can go, too much on :( , annoying thing is, I am close to Birmingham tomorrow evening :wallbash: .

Mind you our little girl is a bit miffed :( , was really looking forward to meeting up with some of you lot on here :icon_eek: :icon_eek: , especially "Ferretlove" and "Strong Stuff" :icon_eek: .............there'll be another time I'm sure B)

Awwwww i am sure there will be another time to meet your daughter,only god knows why she would want to meet strongstuff :laugh::laugh::haha:

Awwwww i am sure there will be another time to meet your daughter,only god knows why she would want to meet strongstuff :laugh::laugh::haha:

No? :hmm: ...........nor me :laugh: :laugh:

is it still on :hmm: foot and mouth :o

Valid point, anyone know??? :o

Ive checked their website, no mention on there. There is no farm livestock at the midland (I dont recall there being any) So i should imagine it will go ahead.

Have a fabulous time all of you going...need loads of piccies and embarrassing moments on here when you get back please :D:laugh:

MOLL.

Well, I went but I have to say that was not overly impressed . . .

I picked up a few old traps and chatted to a few old (and new) acquaintances :drink: , and more than a few questions on the breeding of my lurcher pup :wallbash: but apart from that it seemed a bit lacking. The terrier/lurcher 'area' seemed nothing more than a rag coursing bit and was well out of the way, and apart from the IFWS, I saw little or no representation for the ferreters.

It seemed like a good shopping place to bargain pennies off a RealTree jacket or Hunter wellies but not so much for the 'working man'.

One other worrying factor (to me anyway) was that I looked in every stall for a genuine FENN made Fenn trap to add to my collection and there were absolutely none for sale, not one. I saw cheap chinky copies and Springers but that was all. :hmm:

That said, the queues to get in were all but absent so far as I saw which was a marked difference to last year, and the weather was glorious, but it seems to be heading the 'wrong' way - just like the CLA Game Fair did.

One of the highlights for me was seeing a superbly toned and fit looking black bull x grey bitch (not my usual cup of tea) in the hands of a lad - I wish I had gone over to speak to him but he was chatting to the rest of his gang near the lurcher coursing bit, it really was a superbly conditioned beast and a credit to him. Maybe he's a member on here??

What did you lot make of the Fair??

OTC

Deako, I'll pop in to say hello. I'll be going with my wife and girls, take the old terrier for a wander and meeting some other family there.

Just off to cook a Mexican for tea (a meal not a person) and have an early night as we are leaving at 6am...........

Guest alastair
Well, I went but I have to say that was not overly impressed . . .

OTC

ha,ha otc thats what i thought,if you wanted a pair of hunters then you were laughing,but i did enjoy it,i wanted a reasonable tweed coat,but could only see the 325 squids or the 45 squids no in between.i was at the coursing area with my superbly toned black bullx :big_boss: .had a couple of non hunter types taking photos of it whilst having a chat with strongstuff,you say the one you saw was a bitch,mines a dog :icon_redface: