Meindl Boots - Advice And Thoughts

Folks I have just tried on the nicest most comfortable boot I've ever tried.

They were: Meindl matrei boots, they we're lovely and wide and so comfortable.

How ever Googling them some folk say they aren't very water proof despite being gortex and also having problems with Miendl customer service !

What are your thoughts on Meindl products and the customer service.

If I bought them they would be the most expensive boots I've ever had !

all help is much appreciated

Matt

my lads just walked john o groats to lands end to raise noney for the ABF SOLDIERS CHARITY he went through 2 pairs of meindl boots which eventually was replaced before the walk he wrecked another pr of boots they replaced them too .... but 3 prs of boots in one season ???? it took a lot of argueing though to get them replaced all they wanted to do was to repair them

• 3 months later...

Its like anything else at the moment, they were very good but I think they have cut back on production costs or something, as you seem to here bad things about them now, I had a pair for about 8 yr they did the three peaks,challenge and plenty of other stuff brilliant boot,as for waterproof they were good without doubt, but good trouser's make the difference as anything going down the legs ends its journey in your boot,mine were high leg too high if I am honest,

Went up to bushwear today to buy the dovre extremes and while I was there tried on the meindl antarktis and it was probably the most comfy boot I've tried on didn't have them in my size exactly though so didn't buy them, fancy trying the taiga aswell don't know how we'll these 2 hold up though compared to the dovre

Good boots aren't necessarily the most comfortable, it's all about holding your feet in the RIGHT position in proper boots not the most comfortable way to wear them

I wear asolos and they aren't comfy especially before breaking them in, but for foot care they are tremendous, no rubs no blisters or requirement for extra footcare