Whats The Law On This. Please Read

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You always get them mate,a few years ago,I had just finished lamping rabbits,rifle was locked in the truck,just putting the last couple of bunnies away, my truck was parked in a layby at the side of m

Find [BANNED TEXT] ur polite with these people they try to take the piss find being assertive with them and telling them straight works better. As for the resy of nornal people im extremely polite to

allways have a video camera with you ,working or not ,then when anyone starts pretend to talk into the camera & tell them they are being filmed to be reported to police & farmer ,they will soo

According to basc it must be out of sight no mention of safes in the vehicle.

Its also the sam on the .gov websiee. Out of site is the bare minimum that is required.

Only law I think you've broke is having your gun on the back seat , it should be in a locked box anchored to the car

Isn't that only if unattended?

:yes:
Not in NI its not :thumbs:

:thumbs:

A voice of experience pete ;)

yes mick in over 45 yrs of all field sports ive had a few dealings with idiots ,you are on a loser right away if you approach anyone with your gun, put it in the case lock it away then talk , took me 2 years to get my guns back after some idiot said i threatened to blow his head off,, my guns was locked up in the car parked 2 hundred yards away when i approached him ferreting on my farm ,,as for basc forget them they didnt want to know total tossers that outfit , never went out without my video after that episode

• Like 1

yes mick in over 45 yrs of all field sports ive had a few dealings with idiots ,you are on a loser right away if you approach anyone with your gun, put it in the case lock it away then talk , took me 2 years to get my guns back after some idiot said i threatened to blow his head off,, my guns was locked up in the car parked 2 hundred yards away when i approached him ferreting on my farm ,,as for basc forget them they didnt want to know total tossers that outfit , never went out without my video after that episode

That's harsh.

I was on a pheasant shoot in Derbyshire once when an anti walking his dog decided to have a go at all of us. Can't remember what the wording was but something like" You f.. scum should f...off back to your homes. You shouldn't be out here murdering innocent animals and disturbing the countryside". Probably a bit more but was a long time ago. Anyway a bit of a verbal exchange went off between him and the captain of the shoot, who incidentally handed his gun to someone else whilst talking to him, and then he left. Guy in his 50's actually so not a youngster.

Anyway, apparently he went away and phoned the local police and told him that the captain of the shoot had threatened to shoot him.

I understand all Derbyshire did was phone the CoS later that day and then send the local bobby around for a chat who accepted his word and the fact that he had witnesses and that was that. Basically just said if he approaches your shoot again, just call us straight away and we'll come round to the shoot and arrest him for Breach of the Peace.

Then again I always did like Derbyshire Constabulary. Their firearms department take a common sense approach from what I've seen.

Edited by Alsone

another occasion we was on a farm shoot bordered by the river ouse ,we allways started off on the duck pond where we released 400 mallard every year . we closed in on the pond gently flushing the duck only takeing the high birds as they cicled like they do ,anyhow a match was takeing place on the river some big burly fella marched across the fields shouting & bawling at us , i politely told him to go back collect everyone & thier tackle & get off the river as the farmer owned the rights & as from this day your club will be banned from fishing there ! he skulked back after profusely appologiseing & haveing to explain to the club why they were going to lose the lease to fish,, softly softly catchee monkee lol

I have lost my license for a year before for a idiot saying I threatened them with a gun even know I was 4 miles away from my house at the time.

And found out it was my ex who had told him to say it

Good old standard ex girlfriends :)

I have lost my license for a year before for a idiot saying I threatened them with a gun even know I was 4 miles away from my house at the time.

And found out it was my ex who had told him to say it

Good old standard ex girlfriends :)

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/advice-and-legislation/firearms/advice_safe_firearm_storage.htm

If you are moving your firearm and ammunition by vehicle then it must be hidden from direct view and stored within a locked box or secured to an anchorage point.

Its also the sam on the .gov websiee. Out of site is the bare minimum that is required.

Only law I think you've broke is having your gun on the back seat , it should be in a locked box anchored to the car

paragraph 4b on your fac,"reasonable cautions must be taken for safe custody of firearms and ammunition". I have been stopped by police whilst carrying firearms in my car and if they are slipped with the bolt and magazine out then no problem. out of sight is best even if you just throw your coat over the slip its in.whether this applies to n Ireland I don't know..

paragraph 4b on your fac,"reasonable cautions must be taken for safe custody of firearms and ammunition". I have been stopped by police whilst carrying firearms in my car and if they are slipped with the bolt and magazine out then no problem. out of sight is best even if you just throw your coat over the slip its in.whether this applies to n Ireland I don't know..

Yeah that was my understanding for the UK.

I imagine the NI guys are correct though in that there are probably different rules over there what with the past history of trouble.

After all the last thing you want approaching a checkpoint of armed police is a rifle in the car. Its puts you at risk and it puts them at risk of shooting you as they're forced to hold you at gunpoint. So I'd imagine the rules are different over there because of that. Even so declaring a firearm in the car over there even out of sight can't be a pleasant experience.

Its not bad over here anymore no road side search or random stops anymore. There's still alot of hype from the media and a few bell ends which make it worse than what it is.90 percent of pep here now a days don't give a dam about it.

Whats the point in having a rifle in a safe in ur car if someone whats it they will force you to open it.

If there is a law here for them to be locked in a cabinet whilst in a vehicle the law is very relaxed about it nor is it in forced.

As for being stopped by the police it has yet to happen to me whilst been out shooting, several occasions I have been walking up road with rifle over shoulder or on top of the car on bipod sitting pride of place and the old bill, feds, popo, 5 0, police etc have drove past. This has happened at least 6 times. With no checks or even a second glance

I imagine the NI guys are correct though in that there are probably different rules over there what with the past history of trouble.

After all the last thing you want approaching a checkpoint of armed police is a rifle in the car. Its puts you at risk and it puts them at risk of shooting you as they're forced to hold you at gunpoint. So I'd imagine the rules are different over there because of that. Even so declaring a firearm in the car over there even out of sight can't be a pleasant experience.

Its not bad over here anymore no road side search or random stops anymore. There's still alot of hype from the media and a few bell ends which make it worse than what it is.90 percent of pep here now a days don't give a dam about it.

Whats the point in having a rifle in a safe in ur car if someone whats it they will force you to open it.

If there is a law here for them to be locked in a cabinet whilst in a vehicle the law is very relaxed about it nor is it in forced.

As for being stopped by the police it has yet to happen to me whilst been out shooting, several occasions I have been walking up road with rifle over shoulder or on top of the car on bipod sitting pride of place and the old bill, feds, popo, 5 0, police etc have drove past. This has happened at least 6 times. With no checks or even a second glance