Thinking Of Getting A 2Nd Rifle

I was under the impression that the hatsan brand is even more budget than the smk brand. Is this not the case? They seem to have mixed reviews.

How come you can get them cheap?

I should also add that another reason for me getting a cheaper budget gun is so I can learn how to fettle it and maybe tune it. I wouldn't want to start doing this on my 97!! So a budget end gun which is also tunable is desired.

Edited by dangerousdan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol you aint going to like an smk much after a hw97 for sure.

Whoa there boy, you want accurate, you want good build? Look for a secondhand HW80, 90, 95 or 99! The 99 is the lightest, followed by the 95!

Your very well informed for a beginner

I was under the impression that the hatsan brand is even more budget than the smk brand. Is this not the case? They seem to have mixed reviews.

How come you can get them cheap?

I should also add that another reason for me getting a cheaper budget gun is so I can learn how to fettle it and maybe tune it. I wouldn't want to start doing this on my 97!! So a budget end gun which is also tunable is desired

No, Hatsan are Webley! They are above the SMK brand. However I have heard on the AGF that a new SMK the XS41 is on the way, £200 mind, but sounds interesting!

If you want to go new I can get you a £200 rifle for £100.

Interested?

Walnut stocked, truglo open sights, two stage trigger, yep, Hatsan 60 S if you are after a .22, comes in at around the £100 mark round here! Recoils a bit (was designed to be FAC but throttled back for the UK market and still has a heavyweight piston in), but controllable.

Honestly. Mike.

I'm baffled why you still insist on recommending this utter pile of shit? I've had a good long look at this rifle you are so fond of, and it fails on every possible level of quality, accuracy and consistency. Cheap? I would refuse to accept one for free and anyone using it against live creatures is being irresponsible for humane despatch of the animal.

As are you for recommending this rubbish, as such.

Simon

Interested?

Walnut stocked, truglo open sights, two stage trigger, yep, Hatsan 60 S if you are after a .22, comes in at around the £100 mark round here! Recoils a bit (was designed to be FAC but throttled back for the UK market and still has a heavyweight piston in), but controllable.

Honestly. Mike.

I'm baffled why you still insist on recommending this utter pile of shit? I've had a good long look at this rifle you are so fond of, and it fails on every possible level of quality, accuracy and consistency. Cheap? I would refuse to accept one for free and anyone using it against live creatures is being irresponsible for humane despatch of the animal.

Simon

If you read the op then you'd know it's not for live creatures and only for target / plinking so maybe this is why sm offered :?

To the original poster,

If i were you mate, i would save 10-20 quid a week, stick it all in a pot and wait untill you have enough for a secondhand HW,AA or maybe a Diana. You'll get a rifle that if looked after, will last a life time, and if you chose to sell it, at least you will get a healthy return back.

ATB

• Like 1

That Webley's a much better recommendation than the Hatstand 60 S. Mary :thumbs: But saving up for a quality HW, Diana or Air Arms is a sound idea too.

Interested?

Honestly. Mike.

Simon

If you read the op then you'd know it's not for live creatures and only for target / plinking so maybe this is why sm offered :?

With great respect Wxm, I did read the op! My remarks as to the Hatstand's unsuitability as a hunting rifle were an aside to it's capability in respect of the dire quality this junk represents. And that includes plinking!

I do not believe in letting recommendations for piss-poor airguns that will tempt an unwary buyer into parting with good money for crap and bollocks, go unchallenged.

I wouldn't want to buy a gun on another person's recommendation and find myself disappointed, pissed off with it and a hundred quid or more, down for it into the bargain. Why should anyone else be left that way?

Would you? No. I'm sure you wouldn't...

Best wishes.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Interested?

Honestly. Mike.

Simon

Listen Simon, these are good guns ok they are not priced at the same level as their clone kin (the Webley Stingray Mark 2), but they are every bit as accurate and well made.

After your recent problems with an HW I am surprised you keep recommending those. I mean yours had worse problems than ANY Hatsan I have ever owned. The Hatsan is capable of good grouping, recoil is notable due to the fact this was designed to be an FAC rifle and has a heavyweight piston in it, but it is not uncontrollable and gives character to a fine weapon.

If you are after a new gun at around the £100 mark I will still recommend a 60S based on current models! If you shop around and invest twice as much yes you can get pretty much any spring powered HW from the 57 to the 97 secondhand and yes they usually are pretty reliable and well made guns. But new you might just scrape a 99 for £220 (Redbeck Air Rifles)...

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.asp?cat=Air%20Rifles&SubCat=EDGAR%20BROTHERS&Product=2893

For those too lazy to click the link here is a cut and paste from the description by Blackpool Air Rifles...

"Full power quality break barrel air rifle, with automatic safety catch , New "Quattro" trigger unit , "SAS" shock absorber system and walnut stock , and for an incredible price. EB55 version is .177, Eb60 is .22 "

http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Guns/Hatsan/Hatsan.htm

For those too lazy to click the link here is a cut and paste from the description by Redbeck...

"For shooters who require and good little hunting gun but are on a budget you can't go far wrong with the Hatsan Mod60S.

The Mod 60S is a full power rifle that boasts Hatsan's Quattro Trigger & SAS™ - Shock Absorber System.

The air rifle has an automatic cocking safety, and is ideal for back garden plinking or vermin control."

Would you accuse Redbeck (one of the more respected retail operations in the industry) to be recommending something for vermin control that was not up to the job Simon?

Edited by secretagentmole