brown trout

• 2 months later...

As far as I know the legal season for brown trout extends from 15th March to 15th October. That's not to say that there can't be local variations between one venue and another. For instance the season on the Spey finishes on 30th September whereas a venue a few miles away finishes the first week in October. Best to ask first I think!

Gerry

nice arms snoop :wub::tongue2:
what about my fish :whistling:

great brownes there snoop, what were you useing for bait?

i do like fly fishing but these were caught with the spinner or somtimes when iam going for biggies i use crayfish snap the claws off and use a long shank hook and trot it down the river. :thumbs: ...the biggest wild brownie i had was about 2 years ago it weighed 8 1/2 lb :victory:

my biggest 4ld, and got a hell of a fight. bet you had some fun with them boys. tryed the fly rod this year found it very hard to get on to.but will keep at it.love the old worm,just waiting for that rod tip to start and dance,,magic,plenty of sea trout and salmon up are country but yery hard to come a cross brownes that size.