brown trout

my biggest 4ld, and got a hell of a fight. bet you had some fun with them boys. tryed the fly rod this year found it very hard to get on to.but will keep at it.love the old worm,just waiting for that rod tip to start and dance,,magic,plenty of sea trout and salmon up are country but yery hard to come a cross brownes that size.
ive fished for brownies in a lot off rivers and your right anything over 4lb is very hard to find ..untill i found this place ....my mate caught the first one on this stretch of the river and it weighed 5 1/2 pounds ..we cut it open and it had the remains of 11 crayfish inside it ......thats why they are getting so big ...i know it sounds like a fishermans tale but i got snapped on 12lb line the same day i caugth the 8 1/2 pounder ....i would swear it was into double figures ..but i will never know .....i keep going back to see if i can find the monster but no luck yet :hmm: ..this is a pic of the 8 1/2 pounder ..crap pic but the fish was a fair size :D:D

post-4253-1195081546_thumb.jpg