Hw77K .177 Out-Of-Box Review, With Oss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot, that is a thing of beauty! Love the new style stock, honestly mate I think it looks amazing. I think the '77's look great, possibly better than the '97. They're just different. If the spring ins

feckin boingers i tell ye looks nice though skot very nice, i agree with elliott its a cracker. oh and elliott sell us your stock mate LOL. get a tin through it then a strip bit of a polish and relu

You can actually hear the spring twang after the shot is released.   For a HW that finish of internals is pants.   What are they doing at HW?

Will the action perform better than new once you have fettled it?.Of course it will,and thats just the bloody point.So by the time you have finished you will have a better rifle than new,which will save you ££££ from buying new.

Well had her opened up tonight. after a good go at the loctited rear block involving a hammer and spanner :censored:

could not find the source of the rattling, and a lot of the twang has gone :thumbs:

it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. ;)

piston seal was fine, there was quite a bit of grease infront of it tho, and loads in the trigger.

some metal shards in the piston and in the comp tube causing the grinding on cocking. :bad:

the spring guide wasn't as tight as I thought it should have been, and the spring is quite loose in the piston, hence the twang

spring ends were cut properly and not just chopped off. slightly smoothed out, but still rough, another few seconds care and attention in the manufacturing process wouldn't have gone a-miss :hmm:

glad I stripped it down, if id have left it after a few hundred shots it definatley would have been worse for wear!! dieseling would have occurred I'd have put money on it. and the metal shards would have been a problem causer aswell.

didn't have a proper fettle as such but it should be decent enough to shoot properly now :thumbs:

put a little scope on her and cleaned the barrel aswell. next job is a few good plinking sessions to get her bedded in and some lead down her see what she can do :victory:

So there response to peoples complaints is to loctite the internals shut to stop people seeing how bad things are? If that isn't a big FU I don't know what is.

It's bluing salts residue not loctite.

Edited by Kgbmark