Disinfectant...battles Black

Using morrisons own brand disinfectant for driveway about £1 litre, but doesn't seem to work that great. Battles black seems to come well recommended..... Which I get up the road for £19.90 for 4.5 litre.

If you have been using battles black ( think the lady at the tack shop called it black fluid) what dilution factor have you been using for concrete and does it smell ok?

Thanks

smells lovely, jeyes fluid smell, a few "glugs" to a bucketfull normally suffice :D . Check the dilution rates on the tin mate, and just check a small area first to see if it stains (if its a drive or similar) used to use it a lot in the kennells, no adverse reactions from dogs or concrete, good practice is to let it dry before you put the dogs back in, but not many do in all honesty :whistling:

Its good stuff, smells clean.

• Like 2

I used battles black for a few years then was told it's quite bad for dogs, I always pressure washed it off kennel bases before allowing dogs back in. I now use trigene, much safer and a bit stronger I'm sure and it comes in a few funky smells lol I'll be sticking to trigger from now on, it's what my vets an local kennels all use

Penny

i think the old ones used to contain malathion or similar???, no good for ferrets either etc, but i had been dipping my ferrets etc in duramitex for donkeys years before i read that myself, so i guess you pay your money and you take your choice. I know lots of boys who use battles with the dogs , i dont see the point in rinsing it off myself, defeats the whole object i'd have thought, let it dry yes, but not rinse it.

personnally, i use the stuff advertised in EDRD mag, cant remember its name now, but it does e coli and a myriad of other deseases / lurgy's, its a more modern equivelant i guess, cant bloody remember what its calle d now..............Ultrapet A32 animal disinfectant, thats the stuff.

I used to use jeys fluid but here on the health section/forum a good while back some one mentioned "mistral pet disinfectant-PREMIUM" i have never looked back its not caustic like jeyes and battles black,a fraction of the price,multiple uses,dilute as recomended,order on line at the moment 4x 5 litres £39-99 thats inc vat and delivery,they are doing a odour free one £42-99 for 4x5 litres.Honestly look on their web site www.mistrallie.co.uk click on pet products they also do other products for other uses,atb,Trevor w.

i use BHB from down the track in the kennels and runs every other day, never wash it off or let it dry been doing the same for a very,very long time, never had any problems whatsoever.

Do you do 1 part in 300?