The wife had a Mamba Lite, it was an expletive of a scope. Especially at this time of year!

It whited out if you wee shooting in the direction of the sun, absolutely useless, tried different mounting positions and mounts, did not work for either her or me (so not just one set of eyes having a problem). Other people have reported this problem as well. I do not know if it has been rectified so just beware!

I rate the varmint sf no gimiks just a nice clear scope 1/2 mildot very good in low light went out last night just as getting dark and could see every thing sf very good and for 140 I don't think they can be beat imho

The wife had a Mamba Lite, it was an expletive of a scope. Especially at this time of year!

It whited out if you wee shooting in the direction of the sun, absolutely useless, tried different mounting positions and mounts, did not work for either her or me (so not just one set of eyes having a problem). Other people have reported this problem as well. I do not know if it has been rectified so just beware!

It whited out because of your head position

I've got the Mamba and the Viper. Lovely scopes IMO :thumbs:

And they come with everything you need :toast:

Ok, after comparing my Viper and my Mamba, I came to the conclusion that the Mamba was much clearer and brighter to look through. So I sold the Viper, and purchased the Hawke Sidewinder 30mm 4-16x50 SR PRO IR and this too is better than the Viper....

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p112686-hawke-sidewinder-30mm-4-16x50-ir-sf-riflescope-sr-pro-ir/#.UlWvjlCsiqc

The Hawke doesn't white out half as much as the Viper

Edited by KurtH