Di Canio???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been reading all the media stuff about Paolo,s "antics" and his manner with players and on the touchline and all that old bollocks and how it pisses fans and players off etc etc.........   We

You lads are absolutely right......I was telling someone earlier today about a charity boxing do i was at a few years ago,Terry Venables happened to be there and as luck would have it i got introduced

Lol.... Most loyal fans in Sunderland maybe!!

For me I was concerned when he came to the club..then the 2 results & the ONLY 2 he got I thought perhaps we've got something special here.However results fell away & Arsenal did us a favour.

I went to the Fulham game this season & we played decent football,looked sharp but lost 1-0 to Fulham's only chance but I was still very happy with the performance.After a decent point at Southampton I was very optimistic that we would be fine under PDC however the Palace game is where the rot started for him.

Publicly showing the club captain up for 1 mistake,talking in riddles...Welcome to the PDC show...we've all read the horror stories about his regime & player power has prevailed here but i'm glad he's gone as he was out of his depth,no man management skills & come Xmas it would be to late to replace him.

Whoever comes in has their work cut out at SAFC I just hope we can stop in the Premier league...

Pretty sensible post that.

Olympic stadium will hopefully be where the man becomes a great manager......until that time, who knows

Cant see it mate......im not sure he,s really suited to premiership management.......i cant see him changing his ways to fit in can you ?.......I think its really sad.....i said it before but the fact that in todays game a manager like Brian Clough would probably not be able to hold a job down due to the attitudes of mediocre footballers........leaves you with a bit of a sour taste in the mouth,does me anyway.

Early doors for his management career mate, few more clubs under his belt.......few more chats with some of his old managers (if there are any he hasn't punched in the gob :D ).........few chats with some good old pals like Vialli.......he will get there

One things for sure, he is no idiot......he will be learning all the time :thumbs:

I agree yes someone at board level should also be accountable. Ultimately he wanted the players thinking they would be the right ones for the team / job. If then he can't get them to work his way, then yes he has chosen his players wrong for his style of play / management

When you get your wages or pocket money then go buy something ( that you can't take back ) and realise it's not for you, do you then go back to your employer and blame him / her for giving you the money ? Nope, you take it on the chin and admit you f*^&ed up.

5 games in ???......If they didnt have the faith in him to give him more than 5 games they shouldnt have give him the money to spend in the first place...........or indeed brought him in as manager at all.
why give him more time he got rid of owa best player and brought in mostly shite sess should never of been sold full stop. Then he goes and plays a weak team week in week out, even when he give Ji dong Wong a few games he played absolutely shite and was to blame for us loosing then he publicly humiliates him then goes and plays him again and he played shite again.. The fact is he wasn't for us so sack him instead of letting him have more time and putting us in a bigger hole than we already are. We won't go down yous on hear say it every year!

be interesting to see who sunderland bring in now

See it was john o'shea who spokeout same player wouldn't get on sunday league team

A player so at the top of his game that he got binned out of one of the best teams in the world and the only team that would pick him up were Sunderland..........speakes volumes really!

I have been reading all the media stuff about Paolo,s "antics" and his manner with players and on the touchline and all that old bollocks and how it pisses fans and players off etc etc.........

Well, I will tell you what pisses me off as a football fan, when 30 thousand people have paid a LOT of money to stand in the pissing of rain and freezing cold, maybe travelled hundreds of miles only then to see their team get torn apart, players bottle challanges, check their runs, show no heart and for the manager to be sat in the dug out with a blank expression like he hasnt got a care in the world.....then they all walk off and hop into their 80 grand motors and go to some bar to get on the piss while the fans make their way home a few hundred quid out of pocket

You then have to listen to a load of piss poor excuses about their toe is hurting, the ref, got a cold, blah blah blah

Thats what pisses me off as a football fan, so you give me the Paolo Di Canios of this world anyday of the week

Be fit, be focused, eat right and look after yourself, be on time for training and train hard, play each game like its your most important game ever, give everything and then a little bit more, never bottle out, let the fans see that every loss hurts you as much as it hurts them..........not too much to ask of a so called professional athlete who is being paid money beyond most peoples wildest dreams is it?

Once the little man learns to get the balance of stick and carrot right he has the potential to be a great manager, because if any team has even a small amount of the heart that bloke has then they will be some team to be reckoned with.

• Like 7

I have read ex professional footballers saying , "youv got to want to play for your manager " as though disliking or disagreeing with the manager excuses poor , half hearted performances .no mention of the long suffering supporters who deserve ( and pay for ) 199% commitment or personal /professional pride . Dicanios only fault is not giving in or compromising his beliefs to cater for the sensitive souls that make up most of todays players .

• Like 2

You lads are absolutely right......I was telling someone earlier today about a charity boxing do i was at a few years ago,Terry Venables happened to be there and as luck would have it i got introduced to him and we had a natter for 5 minutes he didnt know me from adam.......i asked him if he,s likely to get back into management at some stage.....he said " no chance ".....he then went on to explain how both himself and his close friend George Graham had discussed how they just couldnt be managers of players in todays game and wouldnt take a job even if offered......" im not a counsellor " he said .......he went on to say about how things like man management,putting an arm round the shoulder.....and these types of phrases we hear these days were just not qulities that he had " im a football man " he kept saying ....if a player messes up he gets bollocked if he does well he gets a pat on the back was his attitude

I remember thinking to myself....here are 2 of best managers Britain has ever produced.....and neither of them could or even want to manage players in todays game...........Paolo is old school..........he wont be a success in todays game because of that.....the fact neither would Venables,Graham,Clough,Shankly or many other great managers Britain has produced....certainly gets you thinking !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3