Cheers Fin

Please tell me the MAP surived, please.........

Looks a really good day, and plenty of snap to boot.

All ok mate, safe and sound back in the shed lol..

I bought a cheap whip in the shop this morning. Set a few top 3 sets up and a couple of rods, I didn't take the map out if the bag lol..

I showed Geoff the old proto type Titan, he gave it to me nearly 20 years ago lol..

Geoff Sailsbury, angling legend.................. :thumbs:

post-57067-0-65842700-1379185374_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its My lads birthday tomorrow, and he wants a fishing party.. I've got the dubious pleasure of taking him, 5 of his mates my eldest girl ( helper) my youngest girl ( hindrance) and my two nieces. T

Well that wasn't so bad... They all loved it, we've got 8 new budding anglers, they all want to come next time I go ( 1 at a time maybe lol).. They caught loads of little roach and Rudd and a couple

So basically you've decided to take a bunch of kids just so you can win.......lol

Posted Images

I bought a cheap whip in the shop this morning. Set a few top 3 sets up and a couple of rods, I didn't take the map out if the bag lol..

I showed Geoff the old proto type Titan, he gave it to me nearly 20 years ago lol..

attachicon.gifimg303_zps514151b8.jpg

Bottom left? :hmm:

Bottom left? :hmm:

FFS.

John Coates.

:laugh: :laugh:

Try again.

I worked for him mate

That's brilliant mate,

Thanks for putting that up, brings back a lot of memories

I worked for him in the shop when I was 17, but we got on really well, he used to take me out of the shop and around to matches with him, I'd be setting up his stick rigs as he was doing a hundred on the m5 up to Evesham..

I sat behind Dave Harrell for an hour or so up there one day, Geoff said where've you been, I told him I was behind Dave Harrell seeing how he was fishing, Geoff said you'll learn just as much here lol...

I worked on the Normark stand up at the John Smiths Festival a couple of years, we'd do an hour on hour off then go and watch the fishing..... Proper match fishing then Arch, as you know...

Geoff's a top man in my book, there was a lot of jealousy down here on the local match scene, mainly because he was head and shoulders above most of them,

He said to me today it took him back 40 years today, he loved it, and when he was teaching my girl she listened and he had her fishing on her own in 5 mins ( that's when he told me off for my rig, took it off shortened it and made it right, I tried to explain I did have another 5 rods on the go, but there's no excuses with a perfectionist lol)

• Like 2

L-R Back row. Pepe Luxa. Martin Foulks. John Cockayne.

L-R Front row. John Coates. Geoff Salisbury. Steve Jackson.

Fecking anorak................

:laugh: :laugh:

Haha,

I saw Pepe about 2 years back ( at a funeral for another good angler and good mate of mine), pepe ran a hair dressers for years in Exeter.. Funny bloke and a bloody good angler

Steve Jackson gave me some hand made wagglers nearly 20 years ago, I've still got a couple, I won't use them now though,

• Like 1

years ago we went into a pub in barrow on soar could hear something goin on in the other room so me and my mate walked into the packed room and stood at the bar it was a question and answers session we hadn't a clue who it was but realised it was about fishing afterwards we had a free buffet and a free pint -- turned out everyone else had paid a tenna a head :D the fella that had been on stage handed out some goodie bags inside among other things was a signed photo of the guest speaker one iven marks --

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

years ago we went into a pub in barrow on soar could hear something goin on in the other room so me and my mate walked into the packed room and stood at the bar it was a question and answers session we hadn't a clue who it was but realised it was about fishing afterwards we had a free buffet and a free pint -- turned out everyone else had paid a tenna a head :D the fella that had been on stage handed out some goodie bags inside among other things was a signed photo of the guest speaker one iven marks --

:laugh::clapper: No likes left Stig,quality....Ivan Marks :notworthy:

:laugh::clapper: No likes left Stig,quality....Ivan Marks :notworthy:

I think he was from Leicestershire arch will know---arch you know a lad called Richard scotty morgan from keyworth he was a top match man ,,