Dale Rabbits

I went out today and caught no rabbits and had me van toed away by the farmer,............I wasn't best pleased, then realised I knew the farmer and had to bite me tongue a little bit,.....no damage done but the hand break must of took a bit of stick .............ive had a shite first day ferreting, infact a fooking mare.......

ive never seen the warrens look so active but have nothing in,..........must admit I was starting young ferrets off but they were going through tubes and coming out of different holes..........then on the last warren there was a dead myxi rabbit, just inside the hole...............either the ferrets were shite , the dogs making was shite,............or im just shite ..............just cant work it out there were shite everywhere with little digs,.......???..........and then there was a lot of fox shite about and these were warrens out in the open,.............I failed but I will be back out, .....until something bolts.........lol

fooking amateur

does that not make the pros feel better......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well said Mike...

ive allways said rabbits are easer up the dales,,,they don't seem to have that wildness about them,, I once put on here when lamping once,,a slight ground frost come down the days before a lot of rain

a good dog catch any where ill get me coat

Posted Images

I went out today and caught no rabbits and had me van toed away by the farmer,............I wasn't best pleased, then realised I knew the farmer and had to bite me tongue a little bit,.....no damage done but the hand break must of took a bit of stick .............ive had a shite first day ferreting, infact a fooking mare.......

ive never seen the warrens look so active but have nothing in,..........must admit I was starting young ferrets off but they were going through tubes and coming out of different holes..........then on the last warren there was a dead myxi rabbit, just inside the hole...............either the ferrets were shite , the dogs making was shite,............or im just shite ..............just cant work it out there were shite everywhere with little digs,.......???..........and then there was a lot of fox shite about and these were warrens out in the open,.............I failed but I will be back out, .....until something bolts.........lol

fooking amateur

You have hit the nail on the head mate ... Your ferrets are shit your dogs are shit and you are shit :laugh: ..........

Lol some will say they are easier, some will say they ain't, best way would be to go and see, I personally think this thread was a wind up but that's just me.... what I will say about the dales bunnys tho is, they may not be golf course bunnys or thin on the ground and wary. But they don't just hop in the motor for you, dog still needs to catch them, go and see that's my advice I did, loved the place went mad for it but I've now moved onto pastures New....

whats your reasons for thinking it's a wind up then, i thought it was a pretty straight forward question, never been there and was wanting lads opinions, i would love to go there with my dogs and give it a try, i can only dream about that amount of rabbits :thumbs:

Lol some will say they are easier, some will say they ain't, best way would be to go and see, I personally think this thread was a wind up but that's just me.... what I will say about the dales bunnys tho is, they may not be golf course bunnys or thin on the ground and wary. But they don't just hop in the motor for you, dog still needs to catch them, go and see that's my advice I did, loved the place went mad for it but I've now moved onto pastures New....

whats your reasons for thinking it's a wind up then, i thought it was a pretty straight forward question, never been there and was wanting lads opinions, i would love to go there with my dogs and give it a try, i can only dream about that amount of rabbits :thumbs:

It's just one of them subjects that make men disagree lol so always gets a few bites, coupled with you putting the thread up just as another couple went up with decent bags from the dales, if you wasn't going to the mix and it wasn't a wind up then I'm sorry an take my above answer as what I think of the dales, it does pay to try it tho, it's an experience at the very least..

Edited by Hot Meat
  • Like 2

fooking amateur

You have hit the nail on the head mate ... Your ferrets are shit your dogs are shit and you are shit :laugh: ..........

:yes: ............when do you think I should go pro........... :laugh::cray: