Game Carriers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope no one has copied my box...     ???

Here's the pics... Cheers jamie m if it works   so easy to make, I paid £2.50 for 50ft of paracord and the strap if from an old bag. plus it's more enjoyable using something you have made!!!   h

Jarvis if I was you I would shorten the bits of string,,, as the rabbits feet are going to be half way down your front and back,, carrying numbers of rabbits is easier , if there higher on your should

• 3 weeks later...

i have found that any rabbit carrier that relies on a loop around hock to hold rabbit is useless, when tension of loop is released such as when taking off the shoulder or placing carrier on the ground rabbits can drop out of the loop (and in the dark the odd rabbit slipping out of loop may go unnoticed if carrying a good number), rabbit carriers that rely on a tensioned loop around a hock are useless and rubbish. Thirty five years ago baling twine was used a lot pushed through a cut slit in one hock only of each rabbit and batches of about 20 rabbits would be hung this way on one tied loop, it cut into the shoulder though if carrying any distance so i used some metal pin type carriers (like large safety pins) and pin was just pushed through one hock of each rabbit, one pin on each end of some thickish webbing like car safety belt webbing to combat that, webbing only needs to be very short to keep rabbits held high on shoulder for comfortable carrying, on these pins 20-30 rabbits could be comfortably carried and importantly rabbits were held securely no matter what so carriers could be dropped off by roadside and picked up later. 'Loops' around a hock can loose rabbits in the dark when carrier is put down and picked up again so are useless.

Read my earlier post joonsy,,, thats exactly what I did,,,safety pins from work that pinned the top of the cleaning bags that took overalls to the cleaners..

And like you you want the webbing real small so they don't hang down far

Read my earlier post joonsy,,, thats exactly what I did,,,safety pins from work that pinned the top of the cleaning bags that took overalls to the cleaners..

Ive got one that Nobby made like that .. i save it for best..

most of the time I use a thick dog lead with a metal hoop at the end to clip onto..kindly made by strongstuff..duel purpose items i like.

hello Tomo, yes like-minded, however i made mine myself so rabbits can be loaded round the whole pin, quick and easy to use on the go and secure. i used to get used cheapo clothing from one of those overall cleaning places, just the job in the days of motor-bike batteries.

Can see a valid point with the loop slackening off....

But just had a quick test and the paracord doesnt seem to slacken off...or atleast not a great deal...

The draw cord type material however does seem to loosen off quite a bit more.

Edited by B.P.R