Best Line Of Whippet Lads ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gay whippet - 22"  

To be honest Rake. . . . I did. . . just 'fancy' a whippet. Which was probably totally illogical. I did my research, spoke to lots of folk, and went to where I did. It's worked in the sense that, I've

I have a small lurcher that was coming on leaps and bounds...for lamping she was shiit hot... a bit 'out of it' for ferreting.... although i didnt really give her a chance....   My whippet is on the

Posted Images

Rake a dont want a lurcher because they are too big for my i wont be hunting foxes or hares all i want i a dog that will catch a rabbit when it bolts and a whippet is bred to do that. Ideation what lines is your whippet mate? Ill have a look in that forum i wouldnt pay more than £500 for any pup that is going to be a working dog as noone knows how it will turn out even if its came from cracking parents

I got mine direct off mb.

As has been said, not all lurchers are big. Seen plenty smaller than my whippet. And the same size. And plenty are just used for rabbits.

But equally whippets make great bunny dogs, and I that's your game, they will do the job well.

Edited to add - I paid a lot less than 500!!! And for ferreting a good whippet is very hard to beat.

Edited by Ideation

i got a hard blood whippet hes strong as owt and hes suprised me quite a few times now he was bred by dave slieght and i only paid just over a ton for him i wouldnt change him for the world but hes had quite a few skin tears now and its a pain in the arse when you put alot of work in to his fitness then hes off for a few weeks with the injury i personaly would get a small lurcher mate

i have 4 whippets I race them in summer and work them in winter great dogs I tell you this they will surprise you what they can do try get something way strike when iron is hot in it and look for one,s way coursing line,s in it

Rake a dont want a lurcher because they are too big for my i wont be hunting foxes or hares all i want i a dog that will catch a rabbit when it bolts and a whippet is bred to do that. Ideation what lines is your whippet mate? Ill have a look in that forum i wouldnt pay more than £500 for any pup that is going to be a working dog as noone knows how it will turn out even if its came from cracking parents

The dog on the right is Beddy Whippet (lurcher) Not all lurcher are big, and rest assured my two are ideal rabbit dogs,

IMG_1348_zps3877224f.jpg

Forget that last post lol whats the best cross for a small lurcher then lads

Think you need to make your mind up and decide whats right for you....

If one picture can change your mind....

Id suggest doing your homework...

Didnt know there was such a thing as small lurchers tbh i dont realy care what dog iv got as long as its small and catches rabbit hense why i wanted a whippet

Lurchers big and small.... whippets big and small....

Hence why i said.... do your homework....

I would definately be interested in a small lurcher mate never seen one though where could i find one ?

plenty of choices for you there was some good collie whippet greys going think the lad still has one for sale as in small what size you talking about ive 3 lurchers and theres not one over 21tts