Anyone Been Out Yet ??

Anyone bothered getting out with the ferrets yet and if so what's this seasons prospects looking like ?? Had a good outing at the weekend lovely sandy warrens piss easy and built up a nice bag quickly. Seems rabbit numbers are well up there's year with little signs of mixy. Anyone else planning a trip out soon ? Atb

I was out a couple week back and it was looking good. Plenty down. Went out long netting and lamping last week. This weekend I'll be ferreting again sat and sun all been well. I went up to see the farmers midweek though and went for a bit of a look about and i seen the first mixy one this year. It was a stone throw away from my permission so looks like that will be hitting my permish before long. I'll be gutted!

Atb

Swaino

Got a few mates up north country that have been out and had good days. I havent been out this end yet Fitchet. Greenery is all still too high for my liking. Seen a few smaller rabbits out on the lamp too, so would rather let them bulk out a bit. If the cold mornings carry on, I might be out in 3-4 weeks.

Got a few mates up north country that have been out and had good days. I havent been out this end yet Fitchet. Greenery is all still too high for my liking. Seen a few smaller rabbits out on the lamp too, so would rather let them bulk out a bit. If the cold mornings carry on, I might be out in 3-4 weeks.

Your right mate still alot of cover about got asked to move some rabbits out of a spinney Sunday night had a look round but even with the shotguns it will be hard work and i cant be arsed to snare and trap them so passed the permission on to a lad whos just starting out. We will have to get a day out this season mate. Atb

Your right mate still alot of cover about got asked to move some rabbits out of a spinney Sunday night had a look round but even with the shotguns it will be hard work and i cant be arsed to snare and trap them so passed the permission on to a lad whos just starting out. We will have to get a day out this season mate. Atb

Yeh bud. Sure I've got your number somewhere. My old man has been out in chester and spoke to a friend near warrington and they've had some good numbers and the cover is thinning. Goes to show what a difference it makes to be 150 miles north.

I was going to go out last weekend but took a walk round where I got permission and its still pretty overgrown, maybe just wait until the end of the month. Managed to get permission from 3 farms which are side by side so I will be out for all day affiars!!

Not really. Think I'm going to try some paddocks in the next few days....

But you have the advantage you can part the nettles and turn bracken into sawdust , how may miracles do you have left again ???? : ) still handy if you have a litter of all hobs you just turn em into Jill's ,

Yeh bud. Sure I've got your number somewhere. My old man has been out in chester and spoke to a friend near warrington and they've had some good numbers and the cover is thinning. Goes to show what a difference it makes to be 150 miles north.

Think it depends on where you are north, cover is still very thick and high hear and I'm only 30 mins from warrington.

ill be out at the end of the month, i went and had a look at some of my permission yesterday ,the covers still pretty high and thiers still loads of nettles about ,rabbit numbers looked pretty good as a few were sat out .......roll on the end of the month ,i cant wait to get started ......i just hope mixy keeps away .

.......jim

Think we're going to start the gears of war rolling this weekend :toast:

Can't wait to be honest, got a load of new permission to walk and see what's what, and a few clear open spots to be getting on with.

My right hand dog is fecked, but it's time to see what the young guns can do :victory: