Tripe

Wagg is as said probably "the" worst of all complete feeds imo,infact most of the completes ain't worth a toss when it comes to holding weight on a hard worked lurcher,just check the contents on the bag,it's usually 8 or 9% in oil/fat,thats ok for a dog walked on a weekend around the park but not worth a wank for a working dog..if you want to feed dry i'd be looking more at the puppy completes,they are much higher in oil/fat content than the normal adult completes,i feed my working lurchers puppy biscuit 28% protein, 16% fat/oil along with pasta and raw minced chicken(fatty stuff in the main),rabbits,hares,deer and still add lard to their feed lol...as for tripe,lots of people cut all the fat off the large blanket sized tripes,i don't cut any of it off...everyone does things different but like WESTY76 said treat each dog individually as what may suit one won't another...ATB Andy

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raw, green tripe ,.mixed with a good quality complete,.OR,..combined with copious amounts of lamb, chicken, rabbits, hares and venison meat,.is a fabulous feed....   Lurcher dogs love to get their j

Wagg is as said probably "the" worst of all complete feeds imo,infact most of the completes ain't worth a toss when it comes to holding weight on a hard worked lurcher,just check the contents on the b

Oh the smell of a Tripe on the turn 50% Green Tripe 50% Red meat and offal. Like Fuji says keep the fat on if you get them whole

I get all my green tripe online delivered to the door.dont know the average price everyone pays but this stuff is20kg for £36 they also do many other products and it is excellent quality.they also give you the fat, protein, fibre etc analysis. Theyloveit.co.uk however saying that I get most of my dog food from the local slaughter house on the cheap :)

Daves robbing you!!!! Lol 20kg tripe same place van sales is £20 delivered unless your out of there area but there gear is top notch,it take it yours is posted?

:yes:Raw, green tripe ,.mixed with a good quality complete,.OR,..combined with copious amounts of lamb, chicken, rabbits, hares and venison meat,.is a fabulous feed....

Lurcher dogs love to get their jaws around a big fat stinky chunk of tripe,..loverly, jubbly.. :laugh:

"Work them hard,.and treat them like heroes.... :thumbs:

All the best, Phil..

Very true Phil , but it don't half chuck up!

Oh the smell of a Tripe on the turn :bad::laugh: 50% Green Tripe 50% Red meat and offal. Like Fuji says keep the fat on if you get them whole :thumbs:

Dsc00574.jpg

Could eat that myself mate :laugh: ...a dogs no different to a car it needs fuel to run,put the wrong fuel in and it will run shite or not at all :thumbs:

• Like 1

one of them little camping stoves in the garage is a great idea if you are boiling up the tripe...Fek that shite stinking the house out..

much better off raw. . . I struggle to get good green tripe these days. . .not paying £38 for 20kgs.

Durham Animal Feeds 01388720411...I put my on tripe through the summer when they are resting ...A dog fed only tripe when worked will struggle imo ...a good mixer when they are worked hard is betta active

• Like 1

Durham Animal Feeds 01388720411...I put my on tripe through the summer when they are resting ...A dog fed only tripe when worked will struggle imo ...a good mixer when they are worked hard is betta active

thanks

anyone got a source local to Sheffiled/barnsley ?

thanks

I have been dealing with them for years and can fill my freezers with 28 boxes of 20 x 450grms of various raw meats good value and decent quality raw dog meat

Edited by MIK
  • Like 1

thanks

I have been dealing with them for years and can fill my freezers with 28 boxes of 20 x 450grms of various raw meats good value and decent quality raw dog meat

Shame you ain't got a decent dog to feed it to big fella :tongue2:

• Like 1

I get all my green tripe online delivered to the door.dont know the average price everyone pays but this stuff is20kg for £36 they also do many other products and it is excellent quality.they also give you the fat, protein, fibre etc analysis. Theyloveit.co.uk however saying that I get most of my dog food from the local slaughter house on the cheap :)

Daves robbing you!!!! Lol 20kg tripe same place van sales is £20 delivered unless your out of there area but there gear is top notch,it take it yours is posted?

Oh the smell of a Tripe on the turn :bad::laugh: 50% Green Tripe 50% Red meat and offal. Like Fuji says keep the fat on if you get them whole :thumbs:Dsc00574.jpg

Could eat that myself mate :laugh: ...a dogs no different to a car it needs fuel to run,put the wrong fuel in and it will run shite or not at all :thumbs:
Didnt you have a mate once who had a dog that ran well on beans on toast lol