• 4 weeks later...

Hi all having a problem with my pup she's 10 months old and she is a beddlington x greyhound iv got her retrieving the dummy to hand and that bit when she's out and I let her off the lead for a run she just runs off but eventually comes back after she's smelt everything is this because she's not getting out enough or .... And could anyone recommend a good working dog food dry mix as she's on 24 %. Protein and someone told me that was to high ? Cheers thanks

What x is she ,????

specsavers are doing 2 for 1 :laugh::laugh:

Show her some rabbit holes by a hedge call her to them even if on a lead, do this a few time and say what's this hear , then next time your out walk to a corner and say hear what's this and point to something even if it's not there curiosity will get the better , then in the corner calmly get hold of the collar , and prAise the dog , after a good while who knows how long depends on the dog you can just say hear , . I also find this good but also let the dog run again after recall, and repeat over and over so that it doesn't think when it comes back it's going on the lead , can be testing I've almost forgot what it's like , oh and good if you can do in a field with a fence round ,

Edited by Jamie m

Hi all having a problem with my pup she's 10 months old and she is a beddlington x greyhound iv got her retrieving the dummy to hand and that bit when she's out and I let her off the lead for a run she just runs off but eventually comes back after she's smelt everything is this because she's not getting out enough or .... And could anyone recommend a good working dog food dry mix as she's on 24 %. Protein and someone told me that was to high ? Cheers thanks

What x is she ,????

specsavers are doing 2 for 1 :laugh::laugh:

Oh ye it's early yet my eyes read selectively in the morning : /

• Like 2

The dogs at the teenage stage by the look of things. Try to be one step ahead. Exercising were things no scent is a great idea . let the dog have a run around then call it back with plenty of praise when it's back on the lead . then do it all again but not to much in one session you'll know when your dogs getting bored.

A great place to do this is a field were no one walks there dog and no game about . Build up to places were there are distractions . Progression and repetition is the key . If you had no recall at all i'd suggest a long lead .

Keep your cool and wait! Stand still call her back, if no joy start walking away call her again! When she does come back lots of praise maybe even a treat she will get the hang of it! Beddy crosses are known to get there head down and hunt up and go def!! Keep at it she will come good.

ATB

let the dog have a run round an sniff dont keep calling its name just keep walking, when the dog decides to come to you then call her name give her a fuss maybe even lump off cheese as a treat but dont put her on lead let her run round an sniff again an repeat process. an 24% feed is fine.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...