Air Pistol Advice Please.

Morning lads.

The HW45 is a little on the pricy side aint it :)

Despite what many people think; Most pistols in the uk run under 3ft/lbs.

Most of the realistic looking ones are generally 2 to 2.75

One of the most accurate pistols that wont break the bank is the HW-40PCA a cheaper clone is the Beeman2004

IF you really must have "Power" then your limited to things like the Sherridans EB range Crosmans and the likes.

The Webley Alecto is a multipump and at three pumps puts out about 5ft/lbs.

• Like 1

You said that you aren't on HW45 wages. To be fair I think that the price has increased far beyond it's worth. That said it is an excellent 'little' pistol.

If economy is an important factor then you should consider the costs of running a CO2 airgun, the capsules aren't cheap and costs soon start to add up.

If I were you I've go for the Webley Alecto (the newest model) that is secondhand. If you're lucky you could find one for £150. The power is relatively high, the trigger is USEABLE (not match!), which results in a great overall pistol.

Good luck with your search.

Sorry to thread-jack a bit, but was just wondering what folks thought of the webley nemesis? Particularly Phantoms thoughts!

Jim

I've shot the Nemesis on a couple of occasions, one (newer model) was fecking awful to shoot, however the much older version was as sweet as silk, :icon_eek:

That said it is an excellent 'little' pistol.

If economy is an important factor then you should consider the costs of running a CO2 airgun, the capsules aren't cheap and costs soon start to add up.

If I were you I've go for the Webley Alecto (the newest model) that is secondhand. If you're lucky you could find one for £150. The power is relatively high, the trigger is USEABLE (not match!), which results in a great overall pistol.

Good luck with your search.

Little? Have you had one of those monsters in your hands?

Largest Pistol I've ever shot! :thumbs: and supremely accurate :boogy:

Co2 Capsules vary by supplier and volume ordered :yes:

Last time I purchased from a local RFD it was a quid each or ten for £8 :censored:

When I ordered in bulk they worked out at 30 pence a capsule for a 100 and that was including next day delivery :yes:

Not ordered any for a good while though.

I bought a secndhand HW45 a while ago in .177 , I'm not realy in to pistols but thought i would give a 45 go , good power well made etc but made a mistake .I am used to rifles and hitting what I shoot at , most of the time , if I was looking for a garden plinker I would go for a small rifle at about 7ftlbs like a HW3Os and give myself a chance of hitting something

I bought a secndhand HW45 a while ago in .177 , I'm not realy in to pistols but thought i would give a 45 go , good power well made etc but made a mistake .I am used to rifles and hitting what I shoot at , most of the time , if I was looking for a garden plinker I would go for a small rifle at about 7ftlbs like a HW3Os and give myself a chance of hitting something

Like spring rifles, the HW-45 is "Very" Hold sensitive :yes:

The HW45 is capable of pellet on pellet at 20 yard Pistol FT (and even further with practice).

So many people can't shoot consistantly and blame the gun, then give them a PCP and they still cant put two pellets in the same hole

;)