Just A Quick Thanks To Hawke.

It seems more and more rare these days to get good and fast customer service but I'd just like to give a little praise to Hawke's here. The scope was loosing zero and the adjuster turrets seemed a bit random when I was trying to set it back up.

I returned the faulty Map Pro back to them early last week and within two days they'd tested it and sent me an email to say that they couldn't find a fault. I replied with a little more detail and asked if they could test it again and within a few hours they'd replied saying that they'd found a suspect leaf spring that they'd replaced. The scope was then back at my door the next day free of charge.

So my thanks goes out to Heidi at Deben. Top service, my dear. :victory:

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 2

Well after an afternoon of setting the thing up and calibrating the SR6's mil-dots I'm very happy to report that it's back on song. Nice one, Deben :victory:

I've got to admit that I'm not exactly Hawke's biggest fan but this Map Pro 4-16x50 is quite a nice bit of kit. Let's hope it lasts a bit longer this time....

Nice one andy.

I'm not a hawke fan myself but fair play to deben for turning things around quickly.

It's mainly the SR6 ret that's drawn me to it, Mick. It's little more than a fine 30-30 with some sensible mil-dots.

It'll probably just break again at some point as Hawkes so often do on springers but finger's crossed!! :laugh::D

They're long on features but short on build.....

We had a blistering great day target shooting while testing and running-in new kit Andy eh! :laugh::toast::thumbs:

We were just doing what some certain PCP shooters would say was impossible with a sub-12 ft/lbs .22 springer and a .20 HW90 gas ram.

Shooting a series of Coke and pop bottle tops, hitting them edge-side on from 30 yards-zero out to 60 yards, off fence posts with simple 30/30 and Map-6 reticle scopes. Nothing flash. Just honest good straight shooting with quality rifles and scopes and the right ammo. And a stiff breeze to boot!

Great to see your scope is performing as it should pal! I'm more than delighted with what you have done to re-tune my HW77 with Tony's new spring and guide!

And the fish n chips afterwards were beautiful!

Cheers for a great day out mate. :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 1

:laugh: Now't wrong with a fish dinner!! :D

I'm pretty happy with the scope. 30 yard zero then one dot at 40, two at 45, three at 50 and the final dot at 55 with 60 being just a tad over the thick part of the post. :victory: That's set on 8x.

FTTs work very nicely with this in .20. :thumbs:

Edit to add... I think I'll re-zero it to 30 yards useing the first mil-dot above the cross hair next time out. Having thought about it, this would make sence. A primary and secondary zero would seem to make the best use of my kit.

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

See what Chairgun can do for it, too Andy. There is a Map-6 reticle set-up on there. I swore by it for my SR12 reticle scope :thumbs:

I know what you mean, Simon but I'd only check it out for myself in the field anyway.

I do use Chairgun but only as a rough guide.