1/4 Sight Hound Lurchers

Ive been told abut 3/4 1/4 etc and as said above,get the right type half cross of a good stamp and you wont go far wrong and should be capable as the 3/4 and not lack to much for the pace..not saying there the fastest etc but you get the drift

my 3/4 bull bitch looks like a half cross so i will hopefully breed her to a half cross type and pick the 1/2 cross type from the litter. Its type we are after isnt it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there will always be room on my yard for a reverse bred lurcher, especially a collie based on. never the fastest or the flashest, but boy can they take some graft.    

something i've always found the collies concentration and quick thinking can be worth a yard or two in some situations, a slower dog in the right place is always gonna outcatch a fast dog in the wrong

Myself and mates plan to put my bull/grey over a couple of non sight-hound blooded working dogs in the future... not to produce lurchers, but hunting dogs. That cast out keenly, find stuff anywhere, t

I have a 3/4 reverse welsh collie whippit had plenty of crashes that a sight hound out for a while but got back and keep going good strong dog and shouldn't let you go hungry in the right place but it ant all about the bag size its about enjoying what you are doing in my opinion

Matt

Have you got any pics of him/her?

My 3/4 reverse welsh collie whippet he's 22inch tts

image-7.jpg

Edited by Fretwell 59

Ive been told abut 3/4 1/4 etc and as said above,get the right type half cross of a good stamp and you wont go far wrong and should be capable as the 3/4 and not lack to much for the pace..not saying there the fastest etc but you get the drift

my 3/4 bull bitch looks like a half cross so i will hopefully breed her to a half cross type and pick the 1/2 cross type from the litter. Its type we are after isnt it?

Its ability we should be after... only constant work in the field over several seasons will judge if the dog is the right 'type' for you...

Its ability we should be after... only constant work in the field over several seasons will judge if the dog is the right 'type' for you...

I think we are on cross threads. Of course the dog has to perform and we breed from performers but we make type choices which have shown to be suited to us.

• Like 1

Got ya mate... seen a few 3/4 bulls and they did their owners proud. And if brought up to hunt, by heck they can hunt...gps tracker recommended.

Hope yours turns out how you want it to, all the best :thumbs:

Now Im getting worried!

• Like 1