What A Place For A Fight...

i had one at a show the weekend with my two terriers just got the old girl out the box and went to pout the young one in befor i now it the young one has looked on the the old girl's neck took 3 of us to brake them up i got bit 3 times and old girl has 3 stitches. i know the young bitch was fiery thats why i was give her back but fort she had lent her place its a night mere when they do have a go where other people can see

Without being funny mate sounds like It could have been prevented if they were fighting over a tennis ball. I've got terriers that would fight over a ball I just don't give them the chance, anything with terrier influence has potential to be touchy just something the owner needs to be conscious about I've never had a bad experience with one.

Edited by grant_c
  • Like 2

Not a lurcher but my small staff picks a fight with the o8 year old lab and he nails her everytime last week he decided to put his cainine thru her cheek:/

If its for nothing mate he'd be going to the vets

Nah the staffs a bitch and labs a dog had his bollocks off lol

Thats not why it would be going to the vets :whistling:

But seriously, put a f**king muzzle on it then. W**ker

Edited by DeerhoundLurcherMan

Without being funny mate sounds like It could have been prevented if they were fighting over a kill or a tennis ball. I've got terriers that would fight over a kill or a ball I just don't give them the chance, anything with terrier influence has potential to be touchy just something the owner needs to be conscious about I've never had a bad experience with one.

In a perfect world yes it would work but when you got alot of lads and alot of bushers running the cover, quary breaks so you slip your lurcher, they catch it then the bushers catch up it carnt be helped, ive even had a terrier pulled out my arms buy one! All hunting dogs should be steady around dead game imo I've seen 2 or 3 bull x having a rag on a already dead charlie and never faught. they have had wheaten x's that where steady but also ones that seem great but snap around game or take a dislike to another dog and never forget about it. These are good lads who have these dogs, they been doing it a long time not ammatures. It doesn't happen all the time but you carnt watch them every second after there slipped you should be able to trust your animal.

Edited by Bazil brush

my brothers beddywhip used to have a pop at my dads terriers on the farm bit of a bully.was down there one day with my fell terrier and around the corner comes said lurcher .straight for my fell terrier.i ended up having to hold the beddywhip over my head cos the fell kicked the livin feck out of it.one of the toughest dogs ive known was that fell terrier.

my brothers beddywhip used to have a pop at my dads terriers on the farm bit of a bully.was down there one day with my fell terrier and around the corner comes said lurcher .straight for my fell terrier.i ended up having to hold the beddywhip over my head cos the fell kicked the livin feck out of it.one of the toughest dogs ive known was that fell terrier.

Haha. . Reminds me of holding my mothers JRT above my head to stop in getting ripped by my lurcher, another dog jumped to bite the JR, missed and got my arm instead! Was the sorriest thing it did. . But still got the scar to prove it. . Apparently lifting a dog above the aggressor is the wrong thing to do, not much else could've been done though. .