Saluki Grey X Bull Grey

Couple of pic

nice strong looking dog mate how tall is he? I have a 23" bull/grey bitch here and if she makes the grade id like to breed her to a big high drive saluki/grey.

wont go far wrong with that cross providing the bitch make sthe grade and is properly tested, should have some good allrounders on the cards there ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch coming up 12 months in a couple of weeks. She's not done much serious stuff yet really but showing very good promise for the future. .. I don't want to spoil her by being too impatient. . Sh

Saluki bull whippet grey, 1st season this one coming. Showing promise so far  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Lads, i'm not being funny here, remember, just because the dog has got a dose of saluki in it... doesn't mean its going to knock Norfolk hares over in its stride, same as the bit of bull, doesn't guarantee you anything...

Think where in the country you are, and what you're going to run... and then speak to some of the old boys in the erea... probably because what you are after has already been created along time ago .. and line bred to suite .... before you was even on the tit...

no need to reinvent the wheel.....

Edited by Bush Rummager
  • Like 4

Don't disagree with what your saying there Bush Rummager, fair point..

On the 'type' of lurcher in which we are taking about I have seen that little bit of bull and that little bit of saluki which you mention prove to be evident in the dogs which I have seen work, most capable of taking all tackle through the day and night with no problems..

Again this goes back to breeding.. Get it right and you will have a handy cross but as already mentioned, this isint a new cross for new tackle so this mix will have been perfected by some one some where already, it's finding that person with that breeding and with the litter.. ATB wez

Lads, i'm not being funny here, remember, just because the dog has got a dose of saluki in it... doesn't mean its going to knock Norfolk hares over in its stride, same as the bit of bull, doesn't guarantee you anything...

Think where in the country you are, and what you're going to run... and then speak to some of the old boys in the erea... probably because what you are after has already been created along time ago .. and line bred to suite .... before you was even on the tit...

that's a good post mate as I have seen lads out with saluki types running on ground that a collie cross would be suited to and vise versa ...like the man said before you get your chosen cross look at the ground your planning on running it on first...

What do you think the ideal X for we live is then mate?

What do you think the ideal X for we live is then mate?

Lamped helluva lot just up the road from you pal. A s/b/g comes in handy on some of those big fields where a long slip is required. But saying that a firstx b/g also comes in handy. :thumbs:

Theres alot of keepered ground aint there pal but not many of them are woth owt lol. My own saluki bull greys about had it now gracilius has been a problem and his toes are shot aswell but hes done me proud as a first dog running mainly around here :thumbs: Think my young collie grew will turn out better though hunts cover better and got a lot better vision.

• 2 weeks later...