Good Documentary About The Dingo In Australia

cheers J.D was righting whilst your posts came up,,, i thought 200 was big,,,,mind 130 ,,140 is 10 stone,, so still a big feck of beast,,,, almost as big as rays,,,grizzly,,lol

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought this below was a good watch, about the Australian dingo, made not long ago.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd-aDf_464s

Hi Bird, My Mother in law imported an amazing kelpie book for me for my birthday last year (over 700 pages). It goes into great detail about all the various views, myths and legends of kelpie origins.

Brilliant: thanks so much for putting that link up.

Just googled it male timber wolves can reach 130-140lb if the sources are correct so still a big k9 wouldnt want a pack of them on your case

you prob right then. have look at this big bugger looks heaiver than 10st to me, could be wrong .?colsonwolf105lb_zps61c4ab24.jpg

Some great info folks, thanks. :thumbs:

Wolves in turkey and wolves in the us, are the same species. They just vary in weight depending on food source ect.

It sounds like the Karabash dog, that use to protect and kill wolves in turkey, has been replaced by the kangal, as bird has mentioned, they only killed the wolf as a last resort, most of the time, the wolves ran off, but, sometimes, they would stand their ground as the dogs would be on their patch, the sheperds would not allways be their, so the dogs would have to fight them to death to protect the flock.

If i had the money, would love to travel to Australia, to research the dingo more and the impact the feral dogs have on them.