Ferrets In The Heat

....hard work keeping the stinkers comfortable! I'm putting mine out the run with a big bowl of water so they can stick their faces in it, and spraying them with water regularly (which they love!) but they're still struggling a bit. Proper boiling out there!

I'm going to stick a washing up bowl full of water in I think so they can have a dip, and maybe put a few plastic bottles full of cold water in the hutch.

Anyone else doing anything different to help them out in this heat?

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get some bricks or similar on top of hutches/cages or runs, an then lay something on top, i use thin ply it adds more shade an the space between the ply an the roof of run is a nice little air gap whi

i dont have a problem with the heat regarding the ferts....   a poncho over the hutch keeps the place cool  

Sound advice mate...gonna give it a go ;-)

I've been spraying the hutch down with cold water to cool it down. Also got bowls of cold water in with them so they can cool themselves down. Changing the water bottles several times a day so they have cold water to drink. Had them out yesterday for a run in the garden and sprinkled them with water. They don't seem to be too stressed and are just lazing around in the hutch...keeping a constant eye on them though ;-)

Edited by AirgunGuy

get some bricks or similar on top of hutches/cages or runs, an then lay something on top, i use thin ply it adds more shade an the space between the ply an the roof of run is a nice little air gap which helps keep this a bit cooler, i also hose down roofs an things to help and add cold bottles into there run, it is a pain in arse but its a small sacrafice to pay for keeping my workers comfy :victory:

• Like 4

Stick a couple of pop bottle in the freezer each evening and then put them in the hutches in the morning......

Done the same myself, they've got one in with them now as it goes! You can get these ice bags that freeze water into sticks. When I was using water bottles they were great for putting in them..

....hard work keeping the stinkers comfortable! I'm putting mine out the run with a big bowl of water so they can stick their faces in it, and spraying them with water regularly (which they love!) but they're still struggling a bit. Proper boiling out there!

I'm going to stick a washing up bowl full of water in I think so they can have a dip, and maybe put a few plastic bottles full of cold water in the hutch.

Anyone else doing anything different to help them out in this heat?

I nearly lost one yesterday fell a sleep behind the litter tray ,....I watered it to bring it round