First X Saluki Greyhound

well what do you guys think of this as i have lined my bitch and this will be the breeding the dog i used name is ten large down i know people normaly use a greyhound bitch and not a saluki so wood like your thoughts on this and befor any start the bitch can stop them on small feilds and fen any of you lads run 1st x`s and how do you find them easy to train or not have thay got the speed and so on i will put sum photos up later

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

without some one doing a first cross you wouldnt have any other crosses would you?

i understand that, but they have done it, an a long time ago, an they result was some real good coursing dogsw, bred for a job, they have evolved now to be better at catching hares. so why go back to

usually a good first cross from the right sire and dam has prey drive and a mixture of stamina and speed variation it is down to what clicks no guarantees in the dog game but you try to even the odds

Posted Images

You have hit the nail on the head there mate was thinking about useing a proven dog but a lot of talk about there dogs but there was nobody that would show there dog running to me that says there no good so went down this road hoping thay make the grade should do as the bitch can run just hope it all clicks

You have hit the nail on the head there mate was thinking about useing a proven dog but a lot of talk about there dogs but there was nobody that would show there dog running to me that says there no good so went down this road hoping thay make the grade should do as the bitch can run just hope it all clicks

Its along time since running addiction has hit someone on the head pal

• Like 1

why not just buy in a coursing dog?? iv seen around a handfull maybe two handfulls of 1st cross sal/greys in me days with dogs, an not 1 a them could even look at a decent bred coursing dog at there chosen job.... breeding the 1st x baffles me, all the very best with the litter tho

• Like 2

i understand that, but they have done it, an a long time ago, an they result was some real good coursing dogsw, bred for a job, they have evolved now to be better at catching hares. so why go back to the start?? why start again when somebody has done all the hard work an time consuming job of taking the 1st crosses further and bettering the type, its madness, the plummer was made up f beagel, bull an russel blood if i remember right, dont see many folks trying to breed them from scratch again do you?? thats because as the generations progress, then so does the ability of the dogs :blink:

like i said all the very best with them

• Like 3

why not just buy in a coursing dog?? iv seen around a handfull maybe two handfulls of 1st cross sal/greys in me days with dogs, an not 1 a them could even look at a decent bred coursing dog at there chosen job.... breeding the 1st x baffles me, all the very best with the litter tho

because i have got a good one and shes in pup now and ive got a pup for this season and the time was right for a litter

i understand that, but they have done it, an a long time ago, an they result was some real good coursing dogsw, bred for a job, they have evolved now to be better at catching hares. so why go back to the start?? why start again when somebody has done all the hard work an time consuming job of taking the 1st crosses further and bettering the type, its madness, the plummer was made up f beagel, bull an russel blood if i remember right, dont see many folks trying to breed them from scratch again do you?? thats because as the generations progress, then so does the ability of the dogs :blink:

like i said all the very best with them

thanks mate and im breeding this way because like you say lots of good dogs breed this way but as time goes bye the breeding becomes all sorts and to much shite gets breed in to the lines so going back to basics