What Magnification Are People Using For Rabbiting?

My scope is x3 to x9, I'm wondering if I should buy a new scope with higher magnification to get a better view of the rabbits kill zone.

What would you all recommend to go up to. Also would parallax adjustment be good to have as well, or is it an unnecessary extra to complicate things further.

Stew

I use X10 for daylight use as my scope is true mil dot @ X10 , and X6 for night vision as I find it easier to judge distance at that magnification. I'm not saying that's what you should use as each to they're own but that's what works for me :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've had and still have some high mag scopes ( up to 18X) but, I always shoot more accurately on 6X, 7X and 8X and these give an excellent sightpicture with a decent field of view throughout the changing light towards nightfall.. A decent quality 3-9x40 AO is all you need really for any air rifle.

Paralax adjustment or correction with your scope is very good and important to have.

:hmm: Paralax error is the degree of incorrect angle with which your eye views the reticle down the tube to it. A correcting scope allows you a certain amount of error and corrects the degree of error. But really, you only have to train yourself easily to view your target from as straight down the tube-centre with your sightpicture correctly balanced in the scope on the reticle as you possibly can.

Best wishes.

Simon

On my HW77K it's x6 and I don't see the need for any more. I only use x10 on my HMR and that's shooting at distances of up to 130 yards.

Have a practice and see what works best for you. I'd suggest shooting targets at various ranges on different mags all within your hunting capabilities (assuming you hunt) and see how your pellets group on paper. Some find the wobble of high magnification puts them off but others manage just fine

• Like 1