Hgv Driver's

How come them lorry driver's can talk away on them hand held CB radio's while driving them death trap's about,,but folk caught using a mobile phone get point's and a fine.. :hmm:

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Millet is talking about the carnage they can cause rather than the condition of the HGV's nowadays. But to be honest i'd rather drive on the roads full of HGV's than drive with these pricks in

I don't envy owner drivers at all, that is one hard game......the rates have been screwed down to the bone and the expenses have just got bigger and bigger. Then they have those planks from VOSA alw

Wait till Tarquin reads that last statement..... His head will physically explode... Lol

Posted Images

I think Millet is talking about the carnage they can cause rather than the condition of the HGV's nowadays. But to be honest i'd rather drive on the roads full of HGV's than drive with these pricks in cars who have no confidence on the roads and just get in everyones way. Atleast ye know that behind the wheel in an HGV theres a decent driver.....usually... :icon_redface: ... :thumbs:

• Like 5

Cause they can , and why do you say there death traps

There is a lot of country road's that i travel regular and so do the hgv's and i have lost count of the amount of time's i have been forced to pull of the road with these thing's tear arsing toward's me.. with them making no attempt to slow down..and on the motorway slip road's they don't wait for a gap they just force they way in regardless of who has to slam there anchor's on behind them..aswell as went they want to overtake they just pull over with no regard's to who has to slam there anchor's on yet again..

Regardless of that they should get point's like we do for using our mobile phone's.. :tongue2:

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

in the main the only drivers i really see with cb radios are the tipper lorries,the type you see lined up at motorway road works for muck away,prob talking to his mate about how many loads he going to put up his missus that night and the usual childish shit that goes with them and to be honest i think they are generaly the worst of all the hgv drivers on the road most drive like fecking lunatics.

ok they may use it for local knowledge traffic reports between each other what ever but in todays day and age radios give all the traffic news info you will need to get around the country,cant believe people still using them had one as a kid over 40 year ago,get your bluetooth set up and grow up i say.

You can see the huge antennas for there ariels in a couple of gardens here so i take it there still as popular but there licensed etc now

youve always meant to have had a licence for cb's

You can see the huge antennas for there ariels in a couple of gardens here so i take it there still as popular but there licensed etc now

most of them big arials,,are amature radio enthusiasts,,,or radio hams as there called

I think Millet is talking about the carnage they can cause rather than the condition of the HGV's nowadays. But to be honest i'd rather drive on the roads full of HGV's than drive with these pricks in cars who have no confidence on the roads and just get in everyones way. Atleast ye know that behind the wheel in an HGV theres a decent driver.....usually... :icon_redface: ... :thumbs:

Now there's a man talking sense :yes: .That's the problem being a HGV Driver it's ALWAYS HIS fault when there's a smash....

How come them lorry driver's can talk away on them hand held CB radio's while driving, but folk caught using a mobile phone get point's and a fine.. :hmm:

Sure its okay to use two way radios or the police would be in bother :hmm:

:hmm: Bloody hell! Excellent point! I'd never thought of that. And what about Taxi Drivers? Do they still have their radio's with the hand held mike's?

Fascinating question! :clapper:

I've always had a rig in the cab whilst on distance and continental work got me out of alot of bother with directions(pre satnav) and road issues also vosa check points,there still popular bits of cab kit regardless of being old tech.

Surprisingly alot of skirt had them around trucking hotspots looking for a bit of company while the old man was on night shift lol

Millet we all had to drive to the limits to keep up with the unrealistic targets set by some twat in an office who's convinced it's doable coz "it's only that far on the map" but never done the job himself.

• Like 1