Bit of a strange one but speaking to my wife and she was at the stables today when the owners daughter asked if anything could be done with the wild parakeets. Now i have permission to shoot on this land anyhow and am not sure that parakeets are legal quarry (according to the general licence they are i think). The stables is surrounded by large various trees and these have protection orders on them. but the parakeets are nesting in them and have stripped some of them terribly. not to mention the racket they make almost make the maggies seem calm, So has anyone been involved or shot wild parakeets looking for some info before i would even attempt to whack the liitle buggers LOL

ATB Aaron

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WAIT, just one cotton picking moment Ladie's   Hold your twennytwoo's n onesenenty sevens!   THINK Before you line up that crosshair and press the fecking trigger   "Ring Neck" Parrakeets are

One bit of advise Noone else has said?! Just keep the women happy and don't go flauting something on the Internet your unsure about (I'm not saying you are) but this type of trip out wouldn't get a wr

That's fair enough if you explain to them it's illegal or out of your control. I haven't read up on it all I just made the point I personally wouldn't put it on here after with pictures like the other

:icon_eek::hmm: never knew that! every days a school day..

Go american on them... shoot first and when everything is dead.. then ask questions :whistling:

Just get out and blast em mate :thumbs:

Edit: oh and get some pics :laugh::thumbs:

Edited by AR177
  • Like 1

yes they are on the general licence mate.

don't know about shooting into the protected but damaged trees...? technically you could be shooting them to help preserve said trees.. valid reason to meet the 'terms' of the general licence?? ...... I would say so :)

so go for it sounds like a win win situation.

and don't forget the pics ;)

ATB SKoT :bye:

• Like 1

don't know about shooting into the protected but damaged trees...? technically you could be shooting them to help preserve said trees.. valid reason to meet the 'terms' of the general licence?? ...... I would say so :)

WAIT, just one cotton picking moment Ladie's :o

Hold your twennytwoo's n onesenenty sevens!

THINK Before you line up that crosshair and press the fecking trigger :yes:

"Ring Neck" Parrakeets are on the GL's :yes:

But others are not :nono: (yet)!!!

There are a couple of Parakeets in the centre of this god forsaken sh!te hole, but I can't just wander down the town centre and pop em off (much as I'd like to) even though I could do it without someone bitching about the 50ft rule :yes:

For this pair aint Ringnecks :thumbdown:

The noise you describe suggests they are ringnecks, but please check :thumbs: I'd hate to find out you were up for shooting the wrong species!

Tony

Oh and Tesco's Finest?

Giddy' up there boy :whistling: I'll see you next month :notworthy:

• Like 4

There are a couple of Parakeets in the centre of this god forsaken sh!te hole, but I can't just wander down the town centre and pop em off (much as I'd like to) even though I could do it without someone bitching about the 50ft rule :yes:

The noise you describe suggests they are ringnecks, but please check :thumbs: I'd hate to find out you were up for shooting the wrong species!

Tony

Oh and Tesco's Finest?

well they looked ringed to me :whistling:

:laugh:

good to see you back tony :thumbs:

Tony

Oh and Tesco's Finest?

Thats my concern mate hence the questions was just reading an article on the very same thing :thumbs: Dont want the bother of having my collar felt :icon_eek: wil have to look into it. may have to shoot them with the camera first,but they are feckin loud and the mob rules.ATB Aaron

Tony

Oh and Tesco's Finest?

Monk Parakeets are on the general licence as well. :thumbs:

One bit of advise Noone else has said?! Just keep the women happy and don't go flauting something on the Internet your unsure about (I'm not saying you are) but this type of trip out wouldn't get a write up when I got home

Atb

• Like 4

One bit of advise Noone else has said?! Just keep the women happy and don't go flauting something on the Internet your unsure about (I'm not saying you are) but this type of trip out wouldn't get a write up when I got home

Atb

Fair point there lad..

like when people shoot fox's with sub 12 air guns they don't rave about it allover the internet :thumbs:

• Like 1

Atb

What no write up or close up photos of dead Parakeets.............. :laugh:

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/Images/summary_tcm6-13924.pdf

Damage to protected trees won't cut it. Either TPO, conservation area, SSSI or SSI.

Protection of trees doesn't really cover shooting in to them. Unless your shooting chainsaws. Lol.

Noise disturbance isn't a valid reason either.

But if they were causing crop damage it would be no different to shooting a woody. Would it??

Atb.

Atb

What no write up or close up photos of dead Parakeets.............. :laugh:

Would be a good write up "got to the permission checked zero knocke afew out the tree they flew off came back finished them off" https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=320&bih=416&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ji_CUZuWLsWo0AWu64GoBw&q=dead+parakeet&oq=dead+parakeet&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0j0i5j0i24l2.14376.22414.0.22813.14.12.2.0.0.1.195.1517.0j12.12.0...0.0...1c.1.17.mobile-gws-serp.hWy14VZSC0M

Mine was the 34th row down 2nd in from the left ;)

• Like 1