Sly Fox.how To Get It?

I have a permission where the farmer is having a devil of a time try to get this particular fox.

It has taken chicken and a guinea fowl,which has meant they

cannot run free as is the norm.

The problem is the fox hasn't showed any interest in either of 2 fox traps.

One has been set for months,the other is newer,several hundred metres away,both

have been baited with a variety of food,but to no avail.

The fox has been spotted but never at a regular time,or

from any certain direction.

The farmer has spent sometime up with his trusty rimfire,but can ill

afford much more time.

I am happy to give it a try with my 36gr loaded 12 bore,but would be grateful for any ideas.

Nailing this fox would be good news for the farmer and his chicken not to mention

a pat on the back for me.

Many thanks Sidelever

Foxes can be hard to trap but normally will go in in the end, provided the trap is set right.

Your best bet is to bait him to a spot that you can lay in wait near by with your shotgun. Bait it for a few nights to give him chance to get used to it.

I have done this many times, stopped in after work with a bit of bait then after a few nights turned up with a gun and had the fox, the land owner thinks you are the god of fox killing !!!!!!

full moon coming up so you will be able to see if you stay out all night? check what time the moon goes down though ! for bait i use a rabbit freshly gutted with its guts spread around, if you cant get a rabbit first, you can use a tin of sardines, i have had quite a few this way

Good point stalker, just borrow the farmers rimmy pop down the road spend 500 quid on night vision and hey presto !!!! Bankrupt and locked up all for one fox, excellent!!!!!!!!

Wisdom can be a hard thing to find at times.

• Like 1

get baiting up near a easy tree to climb just bait up for a wk then get up your tree .you dont need to get that high maybe 10 foot and it wont pick up your scent

Or you could just sit in front of a bush downwind and not risk breaking your neck/gun/both.....

Edited by Ratsmasher