First Day Of The Season !!!!!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone out and about on the rivers for course this weekend?   i'm all packed up and itching to go I can't wait for the smell of halibut pellets and the odd chub or barbel. i'll take a camera and tak

I'm a wye man too, never had a double but not too far off.   I normally only fish the same peg on the same stretch all season. I love those summer evenings on the river bank a cuppa tea in one hand

Started fishing my local the river soar for a few carp ended up with one little skimmer in middle of the night so pretty pissed that woke me up lol   So I got all me gear together and drove 20mins

Fished the Severn at wroxeter me my 2boys had 2 barbel rods out and a pike rod ended up getting a 5 pound pike and lost 2bigger pike on lamprey never got a sniff of any barbel but hope to be back there next week hopefully nail a couple next week

Your wife sounds very similar to mine Chris, it's nice to keep yourself busy but you don't need a wife moaning about it, I've not fished the Parret, I've fished the Tone a fair bit around Taunton, had some good days on there... I'll try and get up for a session on the Parret sometime....

Now onto today.. R.A.W, the wildlife was fantastic, the fishing was so bad me and Fin ( my boy) spent half an hour at least on a stretch below watching the salmon jumping in the weir pool, it rained from 5-30 until we left at 1 and there was a strong wind blowing downstream... It was utter crap, I picked the wrong stretch and blanked... Original plan was the tidal but taking my 7 year old first time on the river, it's not easy fishing so I decided to sit on a stretch which is normally good for the bream, I fished the tip so I could help my lad on the waggler.... Not the best introduction to river fishing for the lad, by 8 he was curled up under the brolly sound asleep whilst I sat in the rain and got soaked lol..

An evening for the bass this week then back on the river Sunday... Might leave the lad home and get on the tidal lol

Well done Ry sounds like a nice session

It was mate . i'm going take a few more mates up there this year it's such a good stretch .

I bet it's hard work not wetting a line in that weir pool mate :D . your boy sounds like a trooper fair play to him

There was a salmon angler on the other bank, I may have had a rod with me but I ended up just watching lol..

The end if the pool was full of mullet too, but the next bit if fishing is a bit further down,

Fin is a good lad, he was casting and baiting for himself today.. Come the end if the year he'll be set I'd say.. He didn't want to get up at 5, but fair play to him the thought of missing out was too much... I said to him later I bet you wished you'd stayed home now, he said no dad I'd still rather be here than home with Isla ( his little sister lol)..

He's gonna be a contender for the fishing comp soon mate. fair play mate. :thumbs:

• Like 1

first week is always busy-will be fishing the wye next weekend-hopefully be a tad quieter-this season i want a 16lb barbel and a 7lb chub from the wye-then i will be a happy chappy :yes: 8 ozs off the money last 2 seasons ago-had 2 years off hope the fish been growing well and still in me secret spot :thumbs:

I'm scared of a 16lb barbel...... i'd need jet ski's :laugh: . That must be some spot mate i'm more than jealous . Whats the average on that stretch

3 barbel 2 chub yesterday, great to be back on the trent. the floods have changed things a bit, all part of the game. ;)

where abouts did you fish the Trent. Where I fished things had changed aswel.

first week is always busy-will be fishing the wye next weekend-hopefully be a tad quieter-this season i want a 16lb barbel and a 7lb chub from the wye-then i will be a happy chappy :yes: 8 ozs off the money last 2 seasons ago-had 2 years off hope the fish been growing well and still in me secret spot :thumbs:

I'm scared of a 16lb barbel...... i'd need jet ski's :laugh: . That must be some spot mate i'm more than jealous . Whats the average on that stretch

last time i fished it the average was 10/11 lb-my biggest is 14 lb 8ozs from wye-had a few good 12s that would easy go 15+ ,my biggest fish is 16lb 2oz from taff-this season me and my mate will be fishing the rhymney for a barbel or 2 ;) we put them in there 5yr ago and nobody could catch 1-they are growing and will but a nice bend in your rod :yes:you need to put plenty of man hours walking the banks looking for them and introducing some bait :whistling:

last time i fished it the average was 10/11 lb-my biggest is 14 lb 8ozs from wye-had a few good 12s that would easy go 15+ ,my biggest fish is 16lb 2oz from taff-this season me and my mate will be fishing the rhymney for a barbel or 2 ;) we put them in there 5yr ago and nobody could catch 1-they are growing and will but a nice bend in your rod :yes:you need to put plenty of man hours walking the banks looking for them and introducing some bait :whistling:

Some cracking fish there mate.... Good luck for the rest of the season.... Apart from the 18th August lol..

Some cracking fish there mate.... Good luck for the rest of the season.... Apart from the 18th August lol..

ive been looking forward to that date :yes: im coming for the craic-if i catch then thats a bonus :D atb

• Like 1

i'm not too far from the rhymney i'll have to take a walk with the dogs down there . i've allways overlooked the taff but I may be tempted down there if there that big . fair play top angling mate :thumbs:

i'm not too far from the rhymney i'll have to take a walk with the dogs down there . i've allways overlooked the taff but I may be tempted down there if there that big . fair play top angling mate :thumbs:

taffs hard-below landaff weir is the spot down to road bridge ;) they are in the rhymney-but again hard to catch-travel about abit-river looking nice today when i passed-nice tinge to it-will be doing a few evening sessions next week in prep for the match-lol-atb bobby