D.day As It Happens

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like an interesting documentary on Chanel 4 tomorrow night at 9 pm...   It will be interesting listening to the old men telling there story's.. Brave lads the lot of them. Same as our boys to

I genuinely believe that if we were faced with a situation like WW2 again things would be no different. We would fight and succeed because we wouldn't have a choice. The young lads of Britain are as k

Feck me listen to you lot,,,lol,, you have already started ww3,,,   Unlucky for me I'm 46,, so to old to be called up,,, of course I would have volunteered I could be in the home guard of course,,

Posted Images

Can we not wait a few more years until we at least have one QE class carrier and a handful of f35 lightning II's to fly off the damn thing? :laugh: Give us a while to get a few more type 45 destroyers and astute classes into commission too! :laugh:

Just checked, we have got 6 type 45's now, the last is undergoing sea trials! Won't be many Arab fighters crossing the channel with a couple of those babies on guard! :laugh:

Feck me listen to you lot,,,lol,, you have already started ww3,,,

Unlucky for me I'm 46,, so to old to be called up,,, of course I would have volunteered :)

I could be in the home guard of course,,don't panic don't panic....I could drill holes in the side of my berlingo pest control van..lol

• Like 4

imo i dont think britain would pull together and fight as one these days-young uns to busy fighting over drugs and respect-lol-country is full of f*****g cowards-not like the BRAVE MEN/WOMEN that fought the 2 great wars :yes: i shudder to think what would happen if they started calling people up to fight :hmm: we would have our asses whopped :icon_redface: we dont even let our troops fight back in some cases.the likes of our grandparents will not be scene again imho.atb

We also fought in the Korean War, (the U.N Regiments),and have also fought a just war to retake the Falklands, and also fought in two unjust Gulf Wars, taken into them by lies from Blair and Campbell, and an un-necessary war in Afghanistan,; the theme that ran thru' all these wars was that the British Troops were the best trained, although not the best equipped, and were, as usual, the most professional troops there !!

• Like 4

imo i dont think britain would pull together and fight as one these days-young uns to busy fighting over drugs and respect-lol-country is full of f*****g cowards-not like the BRAVE MEN/WOMEN that fought the 2 great wars :yes: i shudder to think what would happen if they started calling people up to fight :hmm: we would have our asses whopped :icon_redface: we dont even let our troops fight back in some cases.the likes of our grandparents will not be scene again imho.atb

you know the wrong sort of kids ,mine are not like that and none of their friends are ,the youth of today seem to get a bad press ,no need for it mate .

Just checked, we have got 6 type 45's now, the last is undergoing sea trials! Won't be many Arab fighters crossing the channel with a couple of those babies on guard! :laugh:

The worlds most advanced and capable anti air destroyer.... One of the few things that makes me proud to be British.

The UAF won't stand a chance! LOL

• Like 1

The worlds most advanced and capable anti air destroyer.... One of the few things that makes me proud to be British.

The UAF won't stand a chance! LOL

They are serious pieces of kit, they reckon one of them has more air defence capability than the whole task force that recaptured the Falklands! :icon_eek: The upcoming type 26 GCS looks like it will be a beast too, just reading up on it. Due in service by 2020 though! :laugh:

Yeah, gonna be a while until we see one of them though. The naval fleet is moving away from the sub hunting cold war stuff to a more versatile fleet with a strong emphasis on missile/fighter defence and ground attack capabilities in line with modern requirements. I'm genuinely excited in a very nerdy way!

Yeah, gonna be a while until we see one of them though. The naval fleet is moving away from the sub hunting cold war stuff to a more versatile fleet with a strong emphasis on missile/fighter defence and ground attack capabilities in line with modern requirements. I'm genuinely excited in a very nerdy way!

10 years time and we'll be back to having the second most powerful navy in the world after the Yanks, if it isn't already! :D

Malt, I've made a promise to myself to get down to Portsmouth and see the HMS Queen Elizabeth when she's ready and kitted out with F-35s. These may be Britians last true carriers and I don't want to miss it! At some point I will go and see one of these Type-45s too, they're amazing bits of kit. I did a weeks sonar course not long ago and there was a focus on Astute class SSNs and military hardware, got to see a few bits brought in by guest lecturers from various defence companys, those few bits managed to keep me awake between the relentless mathematics! LOL

GTE, I think part of the trouble we suffer is production numbers...... We produce such small quantities of these ships that the costs are high and we're gonna see 'teething problems'. For instance there is half a dozen Type-45s made by BAE where as the yanks equivalent Arleigh Burke class destroyers number over 60! Besides, these babies don't have to move very far to f**k up entire air forces! :laugh: That radar system is quite capable! :yes: And it has proven success as part of a carrier battle group.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Yeah, the contract was for two Queen Elazabeth class carriers to be named HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales. Due to finances though I believe the Prince of Wales will just sit at Port as a back up!

Can you imagine two 21st century British Carrier Battle groups cutting Blue water side by side with Types 45s, Type 26s and Astute class SSNs............... Rule Britannia! We need this to be a truly independant island nation. :yes: