Spring Or Pcp , Pro's And Con's

what shal i do , i want to know why is a pcp so diffrent and why it is better. i want to hunt with an air rifle.

with a PCP do the air bottle's run out and is it worth getting a pcp , if so which spring or pcp rifle would you get for hunting

best thing you can do is join a local airgun club if there is one near you, talk to the lads and lasses and maybe they will let you try the guns they own. before you start hunting you need some practice.. on here every ones an expert or a piss taker and the mods are no better. they force crap jokes upon us..

• Like 2

I use both pcp and spring, spring guns no messing around full power with a light pellet so loads of pellet speed ,good if you want to stay out some where and not have to fill gun with air .good spring guns tend to be heavy if tuned are still a little noisey compared to most pcps.pcp quite light weight ease to shoot .spring guns you have to practice and think a bit more to shoot accurate , pcp s you have to learn about and understand power curve the shoot accurately .I would think most spring guns would handle being dropped and banged about a bit better than a pcp.out shooting rabbits both gun types are good. shooting at night a pcp with a mag may have the edge over a spring gun.

• Like 2

I use both pcp and spring, spring guns no messing around full power with a light pellet so loads of pellet speed ,good if you want to stay out some where and not have to fill gun with air .good spring guns tend to be heavy if tuned are still a little noisey compared to most pcps.pcp quite light weight ease to shoot .spring guns you have to practice and think a bit more to shoot accurate , pcp s you have to learn about and understand power curve the shoot accurately .I would think most spring guns would handle being dropped and banged about a bit better than a pcp.out shooting rabbits both gun types are good. shooting at night a pcp with a mag may have the edge over a spring gun.

:thumbs: true, i got a weh /177 very good gun, as above bit on the heavy side, but knocked few rabbits over with no prob, and suppose you do ues it more of as knock about gun, well i do lol

I only have a springer (HW80) and it does everything I've ever asked of it. I'd imagine a multishot PCP would be less hassle in the dark, but I couldn't justify buying one myself just because of my sausage fingers.

• Like 1

best thing you can do is join a local airgun club if there is one near you, talk to the lads and lasses and maybe they will let you try the guns they own. before you start hunting you need some practice.. on here every ones an expert or a piss taker and the mods are no better. they force crap jokes upon us..

thanks i do have a club however they have said the season has started , so there is no spaces

I use both pcp and spring, spring guns no messing around full power with a light pellet so loads of pellet speed ,good if you want to stay out some where and not have to fill gun with air .good spring guns tend to be heavy if tuned are still a little noisey compared to most pcps.pcp quite light weight ease to shoot .spring guns you have to practice and think a bit more to shoot accurate , pcp s you have to learn about and understand power curve the shoot accurately .I would think most spring guns would handle being dropped and banged about a bit better than a pcp.out shooting rabbits both gun types are good. shooting at night a pcp with a mag may have the edge over a spring

what do you mean by tuned , a new spring and such ? i have been looking at OX spring but they have alot of bad press

I use both pcp and spring, spring guns no messing around full power with a light pellet so loads of pellet speed ,good if you want to stay out some where and not have to fill gun with air .good spring guns tend to be heavy if tuned are still a little noisey compared to most pcps.pcp quite light weight ease to shoot .spring guns you have to practice and think a bit more to shoot accurate , pcp s you have to learn about and understand power curve the shoot accurately .I would think most spring guns would handle being dropped and banged about a bit better than a pcp.out shooting rabbits both gun types are good. shooting at night a pcp with a mag may have the edge over a spring

what do you mean by tuned , a new spring and such ? i have been looking at OX spring but they have alot of bad press

not for power tuned for smoothness tx 200 is tuned up when you get it most air guns new are have a standard spring and spring guide with a bit of play .a tuned spring and spring guide are a tight fit basicly so when shot the gun the spring dosent vibrate .but I have a 97k that is standard and it is ok .

Edited by barrywhite

for a good reason, there are far better springs out there. and the OX will probably take your rifle over the 12 ft lbs legal power limit here in the uk.

Spring rifle every time.

I only have a springer (HW80) and it does everything I've ever asked of it. I'd imagine a multishot PCP would be less hassle in the dark, but I couldn't justify buying one myself just because of my sausage fingers.

This is one rifle I also have and it has been a faithful shooting companion for over 15 years. I love my HW80 .22. You can keep your PCPs!

Simon

It's got to be whatever suits you best, if a gun fits you , you'll be a better shot. I had a pcp first then bought a springer and the springer deffo takes more shooting where as a pcp is easier. Again, got to a club and see if you can at least shoulder a few and see what "feels" right to you mate.

Good look