Small Lurcher

whats you think good small cross for ferreting setting my boy up + stop him sneeking out my dogs out sure the keeper discribed my dogs uther day lol any way was gunner get him a collie x like i started with but the miss wont have a nouth big ish dog my two still doing the big rabbits nods lol but i all ways course or lamped but and am realy getting in to ferreting so i get the ferret he gets is dog we out the way miss gets to watch corrie so any info on we whippet x would be great

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11 wks 3/4 Whippet x 1/4 Granitor Bedlington.

Everyone always talks about beddy x whippets.   Be nice to see some more collie x whippets?   Have you thought about a pure whippet? Mine does pretty well at ferreting

From what I have seen, a half x collie/grey or similar type, put back to a good whippet, seems to throw nice pups. I think the collie/whippet 1st x breeding would be very hit or miss, I would imagine

Everyone always talks about beddy x whippets.

Be nice to see some more collie x whippets?

Have you thought about a pure whippet? Mine does pretty well at ferreting :thumbs:

There used to be a few lads with collie/whippets on here when I joined up back in '07 but the lads who owned them don't seem to post any more.. :( Bloke who used to go on the local hunt used to turn up with one now and again too, lovely looking little thing. Think I'd try a collie whippet if I was looking for a smaller dog again over the beddy/whippet I've got now.. :yes::thumbs:

one my collie x sat here now 13 years and she was my right arm realy ! so would love to see some pics o whippet collies but my be a beddy x lol wtf is is bday comlng up so this harder than picking a coursing dog

• Like 1

Mattydski off here has got a nice little collie/whippet/greyhound, she's only about 21" or so. Fast little dog too, blew the arse off of my beddy/whippet when we met up a few years back! :laugh:

From what I have seen, a half x collie/grey or similar type, put back to a good whippet, seems to throw nice pups. I think the collie/whippet 1st x breeding would be very hit or miss, I would imagine you could get some very handy dogs out of it, or at least a handy base for a line maybe? But also you could end up with a small collie :laugh: Being honest there are enough small lurcher lines out there, I would probably go that way. If you were thinking collie x, look about for a smallish line of collie blooded dogs, like the collie/grey/whippets. Could quite happily be looking at 21/22 " dogs, that would be more versatile than a beddy/whip or collie/whip. You have to also think that the lad may well have the dog for the next 10 years and maybe in 5 years he might like to try it at some other stuff, or in other areas etc. :thumbs:

• Like 2

first cross colliexgrey wont through pups 2 big! had seen a few beddyxwhipps good dogs in there own right, my own view is like mine to have touch of greyhound in them just to add a bit of bulk to there frame!!

Right next stop b&q lol best start making him a hutch he commanderd my long nets my old striker lamp box of my snairs lol setting up his corner of the shed my terrier thinks he off out lerchers seen the lamp wtf Bedlem thanks for all yor replies