Bull Whippet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

Feck me, you lads can blather on. All dogs have their limitations, whatever their breeding. So long as your satisfied with yours, just crack on! I think some folk should spend more time out with the

heres a couple of pics of my bull/grey x collie/whip/grey 22tts and 52lb, not the fastest thing on four legs but has the heart of a lion and prey drive to match, has her limitations but keeps me happy

Posted Images

trouble is most breeders of bullxwhips will tell you there not fox dogs,then you get a load of people slating em cause they struggle on charles.

Why would anybody breed bull into any lurcher if not with the hope of producing fox dogs.

Because you can't get a 3/8x 5/8 or 3/4 without having a 1st x to get there ? I bred mine for my own reasons stated many times before, stronger than a whip, faster than a bull, very versatile and put 100% into everything they do just for starters . . . .

agree mate,i rate them allways wondered why people needed these bucket headed bullxs the size of a camel for fox.my bullxwhip does what i need,and thats all quarry,taken a variety of ways.

i know for 2 bull/whip dogs that are owned by a big bull/whip breeder or was a big breeder before they sickend him for missing so much stuff!! they both have heads the same size as 2 bull/greys that i own and are only 6/7 pound lighter and 2" shorter but still worlds apart when it comes to catching and dispatching!! preban foxes.... only once have i ever! see a bull/whip catch a preban fox and that was doubled up with a colliex and that did all the work an ran it straight in to the bull/whip.......

So this bloke is a bull whippet breeder but he chucks out dogs like you've described above? That ain't much of a breeder in my opinion. Why breed them to look like stunted and misshapen bull x greys? Your breeder needs to be a bit more ruthless with his culling or use better base bloodstock.

Years ago, some of the first proper bull blood came over to the same place where I'm from, just between Wimbledon and Croydon, (those that know will know where I mean). One of those proper dogs was used to make some bull whippets, that I saw work. These dogs weren't my cup of tea but they were fox dogs, no two ways about it.

There's more crap bull x's about than any other type of running dog. People think they can use any bull and any sighthound and get a decent animal. Those of you that talk of these dogs not catching in the open or not being able to get up on their quarry have only ever seen crap. And as for having to assist the dog, if you stand around having a fag while your dog finishes the job then you're an idiot, why not help your dog, keep damage to a minimum and get more runs out of your dog? I'd always assist my dog if the quarry wasn't dead by the time I got there.

at last someone with sense

Ps bull whips skin all falls off in anything over force 3 wind ;)

That's true of all bull x's. To be honest they could do with a bit of coat adding to them to remove their tissue paper skin. If you were to remove around 100% of the bull from the cross and add plenty of deerhound then you'd get a decent coat. You'd also get better feet, more stamina and loads more speed. :laugh:

My dogs have thick hides and great feet with thick heavy duty pads.They are just Bull/greyhound. They also have plenty of stamina and so they should have when you consider what a pit bull has to endure to complete a proper keep and then fight for hours sometimes. Thats why half bull is better than a quater or less. The Greyhound and Pit bull are the greatest of all canine athletes,the trouble is most people dont know enough about conditioning dogs and proper feeding.

I dont think you need great speed to catch foxes. Most dogs could catch upto a fox. Its what they do after that that counts.Dogs with too much Greyhound answer every question with speed and often overshoot the quarry has it feints,turns or stops,whereas the clever dog (once hes upto his fox) will change down a gear and so stick to it better. If the greyhound answers most questions with speed the pit dogs answers them with his teeth.They are quick to strike with a deadly bite. The Bull/grey is hard to beat if they are right. Has you said in your previous post some folks think you can use any pit and any Greyhound but they are badly mistaken.

That's true of all bull x's. To be honest they could do with a bit of coat adding to them to remove their tissue paper skin. If you were to remove around 100% of the bull from the cross and add plenty of deerhound then you'd get a decent coat. You'd also get better feet, more stamina and loads more speed. :laugh:

My dogs have thick hides and great feet with thick heavy duty pads.They are just Bull/greyhound. They also have plenty of stamina and so they should have when you consider what a pit bull has to endure to complete a proper keep and then fight for hours sometimes. Thats why half bull is better than a quater or less. The Greyhound and Pit bull are the greatest of all canine athletes,the trouble is most people dont know enough about conditioning dogs and proper feeding.

I dont think you need great speed to catch foxes. Most dogs could catch upto a fox. Its what they do after that that counts.Dogs with too much Greyhound answer every question with speed and often overshoot the quarry has it feints,turns or stops,whereas the clever dog (once hes upto his fox) will change down a gear and so stick to it better. If the greyhound answers most questions with speed the pit dogs answers them with his teeth.They are quick to strike with a deadly bite. The Bull/grey is hard to beat if they are right. Has you said in your previous post some folks think you can use any pit and any Greyhound but they are badly mistaken.

This has got to be a wind up looking for a bite

great post lad

trouble is most breeders of bullxwhips will tell you there not fox dogs,then you get a load of people slating em cause they struggle on charles.

Why would anybody breed bull into any lurcher if not with the hope of producing fox dogs.

Because you can't get a 3/8x 5/8 or 3/4 without having a 1st x to get there ? I bred mine for my own reasons stated many times before, stronger than a whip, faster than a bull, very versatile and put 100% into everything they do just for starters . . . .

agree mate,i rate them allways wondered why people needed these bucket headed bullxs the size of a camel for fox.my bullxwhip does what i need,and thats all quarry,taken a variety of ways.

i know for 2 bull/whip dogs that are owned by a big bull/whip breeder or was a big breeder before they sickend him for missing so much stuff!! they both have heads the same size as 2 bull/greys that i own and are only 6/7 pound lighter and 2" shorter but still worlds apart when it comes to catching and dispatching!! preban foxes.... only once have i ever! see a bull/whip catch a preban fox and that was doubled up with a colliex and that did all the work an ran it straight in to the bull/whip.......

So this bloke is a bull whippet breeder but he chucks out dogs like you've described above? That ain't much of a breeder in my opinion. Why breed them to look like stunted and misshapen bull x greys? Your breeder needs to be a bit more ruthless with his culling or use better base bloodstock.

Years ago, some of the first proper bull blood came over to the same place where I'm from, just between Wimbledon and Croydon, (those that know will know where I mean). One of those proper dogs was used to make some bull whippets, that I saw work. These dogs weren't my cup of tea but they were fox dogs, no two ways about it.

There's more crap bull x's about than any other type of running dog. People think they can use any bull and any sighthound and get a decent animal. Those of you that talk of these dogs not catching in the open or not being able to get up on their quarry have only ever seen crap. And as for having to assist the dog, if you stand around having a fag while your dog finishes the job then you're an idiot, why not help your dog, keep damage to a minimum and get more runs out of your dog? I'd always assist my dog if the quarry wasn't dead by the time I got there.

thought you were from ireland :whistling:

It always makes me laugh when people say pitbulls have no stamina, I'd like to see a f*****g collie/saluki/deerhound etc battle it out for 2 hours plus!!

Different stamina... Would a bull cross do two mins plus behind a fen hare infact even one min ??? Doubt it :yes:

• Like 1