im wrong in the hounds and guns because im inexsperienced and havent been out of the south west really ............i was only judgeing by what i seen and fook me not alot or as much as others , but were all learning all the time and i have my opionions and respect a tradition that is slowly dieing out .............but i will stay strong for what i believe.........and when people come on here trying to get foxhounds from others with no intention of hunting as a pack and for own leisure it upsets me a little because a fox hound is for pack work and belongs to hunts and this is the exact reason why there hard to get hold of........if everyman who hunted old reynard used fox hounds it wouldnt take long before the injunctions and laws would change too keep these marvellous animals out of the hands of people trying to do a bit on there own,.........theres reasons why there a pack animal and to be honest i think it should stay that way,........no better sound in the world than a pack in full flight and on a good line even the mounted hunters cant keep up with them,...........and thats where followers and supporters of the hunt plays there role ,..for one to protect the hounds and secondly to make sure there all in the lorry until next time,..............and i will end here and say good post alimac and i know what i prefer aswell............

what ever you choose ,..enjoy your sport and more importantly the welfare of the dogs.... :thumbs: AINT DOGS SIR THEY ARE HOUNDS :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here's my penny's worth..   I worked for a pack in Scotland that used about 12 1/2 couple of foxhounds to do fox control days on shooting estates, gun numbers varied between 6 & 60 dependi

you do not use fox hounds for fox drives for a start,...............when they take a line they could end up miles away on other land...........and secondly this is the exact reason there not readily a

going to watch a pack hunt is completely different to hunting hounds yourself . you've got your mind made up by the sounds of things so i'm not trying to discourage you only state the facts for anyone

I have and never will support the random ownership of foxhounds , but there are many small packs with great tradition and who provide an exerlent service to farmers and keepers alike who flush to guns. In the uk and eire. And long may it continue. GTE

• Like 2

Of the packs I have hunted with only one would I say do a real pest control job. Not knocking the rest but one in particular, if a keeper/farmer insists on foxes killed then that is what should be done, shame some find the mounted followers should be kept happy before the landowners. There isn't anything to match a full pack hunting, but personally a hill pack for me. To say that hounds should only 'belong' to reg packs is absolute bollocks & shows the dividing attitude that is constantly met by private packs

Of the packs I have hunted with only one would I say do a real pest control job. Not knocking the rest but one in particular, if a keeper/farmer insists on foxes killed then that is what should be done, shame some find the mounted followers should be kept happy before the landowners. There isn't anything to match a full pack hunting, but personally a hill pack for me. To say that hounds should only 'belong' to reg packs is absolute bollocks & shows the dividing attitude that is constantly met by private packs

no any one can hunt them as a pack registered or not ,.............as long as they are part of a pack and there hunted correctly money or forms don't come into it ,..........imo .

GTE I will give you fooking hounds when I catch up with you down bodmin ,.............ware your finest attire ,.......it will be a date love....... :D

• Like 1

Shaun b

we run 5 couple of foxhounds and its fantastic! only problem is getting someone to give you some like people say not many registered packs will give you any as they don't want pirate packs popping up here there and everywhere.

• Like 1

Shaun b

we run 5 couple of foxhounds and its fantastic! only problem is getting someone to give you some like people say not many registered packs will give you any as they don't want pirate packs popping up here there and everywhere.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Shaun b

not just that you will end up with shite no one will give/sell good hound pups or in there prime......your only chance would be trying to get a couple of old ones what have slowed up but were a good hound in there day and breed........a bitch and dog and keep a couple and bring them on with the older ones after the puppy stage........I don't agree with it but your going to be struggling to get a decent strain of fox hound..............at the end of there working days a lot of hunts would sooner shoot them than pass them on to people trying to hunt one couple......even pup walkers want them back at the end of there working life and its a big no no ,......for this exact reason of them getting into the wrong hands .......some serving 7/8 seasons of graph as a pack would sulk out of the pack regime and its for there best interest to be culled .....

to be honest im glad there like rocking horse shite ........................its for the best interest of man and hound.......

Shaun b

not just that you will end up with shite no one will give/sell good hound pups or in there prime......your only chance would be trying to get a couple of old ones what have slowed up but were a good hound in there day and breed........a bitch and dog and keep a couple and bring them on with the older ones after the puppy stage........I don't agree with it but your going to be struggling to get a decent strain of fox hound..............at the end of there working days a lot of hunts would sooner shoot them than pass them on to people trying to hunt one couple......even pup walkers want them back at the end of there working life and its a big no no ,......for this exact reason of them getting into the wrong hands .......some serving 7/8 seasons of graph as a pack would sulk out of the pack regime and its for there best interest to be culled .....

to be honest im glad there like rocking horse shite ........................its for the best interest of man and hound.......

. Fook me thats the most sencible thing you have said. Mr whippy. Lol

Shaun b

cnut

Shaun b

cnut
. Mr cnut to you

A couple of good hounds in a fox driving pack is a good thing if they have been bred right, here in Australia there is some decent stuff that is hot nosed, independant and biddable.

Mine wont go more than a km on a fox that the shooters have missed before he comes back and looks for another, l can call him off anything if he is within earshot or a vibrate on the correction collar will stop him and bring him back into the cover but as a rule he will do it himself as that was how he was taught.

Last season was a good one here and he would help push out up to 40 foxes on a days hunt, 15-20 of them directly from him casting out finding a scent then pushing to the sitters or a stag catching it that is working off him, after a bit of a scruff he would go and find another.

Its like anything you write down your desired traits and breed and cull heavy untill you have what suites your style of hunting.

A couple of good hounds in a fox driving pack is a good thing if they have been bred right, here in Australia there is some decent stuff that is hot nosed, independant and biddable.

Mine wont go more than a km on a fox that the shooters have missed before he comes back and looks for another, l can call him off anything if he is within earshot or a vibrate on the correction collar will stop him and bring him back into the cover but as a rule he will do it himself as that was how he was taught.

Last season was a good one here and he would help push out up to 40 foxes on a days hunt, 15-20 of them directly from him casting out finding a scent then pushing to the sitters or a stag catching it that is working off him, after a bit of a scruff he would go and find another.

Its like anything you write down your desired traits and breed and cull heavy untill you have what suites your style of hunting.

40 foxes risen in a day? thats a hell of a lot