I am looking for a couple of fox hounds I have recently been given the chance of some good permission some small woods and 3 lots of fell land and a chance of doing some fox dives for a estate so just thort I would ask on here to see if any one could help me out to get a couple thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here's my penny's worth..   I worked for a pack in Scotland that used about 12 1/2 couple of foxhounds to do fox control days on shooting estates, gun numbers varied between 6 & 60 dependi

you do not use fox hounds for fox drives for a start,...............when they take a line they could end up miles away on other land...........and secondly this is the exact reason there not readily a

going to watch a pack hunt is completely different to hunting hounds yourself . you've got your mind made up by the sounds of things so i'm not trying to discourage you only state the facts for anyone

you do not use fox hounds for fox drives for a start,...............when they take a line they could end up miles away on other land...........and secondly this is the exact reason there not readily available.............thank god ..........

you need to start looking at different dogs for your type of work .........otherwise you will have no end of problems........it sounds like a few beagle xs would suit you better

• Like 3

you do not use fox hounds for fox drives for a start,...............when they take a line they could end up miles away on other land...........and secondly this is the exact reason there not readily available.............thank god ..........

you need to start looking at different dogs for your type of work .........otherwise you will have no end of problems........it sounds like a few beagle xs would suit you better

. And beagle x wont hunt on lol
  • Like 1

Whippet Were I come from the packs do fox drives so if its ok for them to do them then i am sure i can with a couple of hounds I have a lot of permission it would be big enough for a full pack of hounds to hunt on never mine just a couple of hounds

Whippet Were I come from the packs do fox drives so if its ok for them to do them then i am sure i can with a couple of hounds I have a lot of permission it would be big enough for a full pack of hounds to hunt on never mine just a couple of hounds

. And beagle x wont hunt on lol

any dog will hunt up obviously hounds more so,.................ive never heard fox hounds driveing to the guns(maybe im young and dumb) ............now if your drawing cover with hounds your not driving to the guns,..........for fox drives to the guns at one end of the cover ,..............smaller dogs like beagle x terrier would be more appropreiate,.......fox hounds are for finding and hunting ,......you will not find a pack of fox hounds drawing cover surrounded by guns,...........for one its dangerous for hounds and men,............in my opionion you only use guns on fox drives and for bolting.......

you need to think what your doing and saying,...............you just said a pack comes on the same land and hunts ,...................people like yourself will ruin it for everyone on that hunt ,................why dont you enjoy the pack what hunts on your permission ,.................because you could be opening up a can of worms...........i tell you what i follow local pack and there is a guy who hunts foxes aswell ,...............hes a well educated man and why does he use beagle x russells and not fox hounds ,.........i think he uses 3 couple plus a couple of other terrriers and he has some good mornings.........the bigger dogs fly across ground alot faster than the smaller dogs and i tell you now unless your equiped right, with man power and equipment you will encounter problems.........

good luck ive been looking for months since I retired and rehomed my 3,can find any any where

I have some pups to rehome to working homes if there any good to you pm me

pm inbound dear man

Whippet the woods were I am from are on a estate and they shot pheasants so they get the local pack to foxdrive to guns only after the shooting season is finished just to help out the gamekeepers out. If u read my post I never said any packs go on my permission I said its big enough for a big pack to hunt on there because it's a big lump of land but only I have the permission to go on the land do it would be nice to get a couple of hounds and hunt this land properly let the hounds do Wat they do best whitch is to put a fox of and hunt and eather catch it or put it to ground witch if they do i have terriers and keep the number of foxes down witch will keep the land owner and game keepers happy and have a bit of sport at the same time

• Like 1

Having recently been titting about with hounds. I think if what you are thinking is making a little gun pack type thing. Then i'd go for some hound x's. Some smaller dogs. More controllable, better for pushing covers to guns. Also cheaper to feed etc.

• Like 1