Rat Problem In Garden

i think iv'e put this in the wrong section, where should it be,,,thanks.

can anyone recommend the best sonic / ultrasonic rat deterant for my garden, something you have personally tried and that worked, thanks for any replys

can anyone recommend the best sonic / ultrasonic rat deterant for my garden, something you have personally tried and that worked, thanks for any replys

unless its a terrier called sonic them ultrasonic things are pants mate, either poison or trap them :thumbs:

i have a working terrier that is exelant on rats and i know the score with smokers and ferrets, but they are no good here otherwise the problem would have been sorted, that is why i am trying other things.

• Like 1

cheers lads, but for the last few years i have shot and trapped hundreds, they are in both neighbours gardens and in the gardens behind mine there is a hedgerow that runs all the way up between the back of the houses that is at least 5 or 6 hundred meters long, there is no way of sorting them out by traps, that is why i would like to know which deterants are best and iv'e read (by the places that sell them ) the high pitched noise of these sonic ones are best, that is why i want to know if any one has used them before and what was the result

i would go with the smoker. and a multi catch system. :thumbs: i would also consider calling in the experts. there are some very experienced lads that keep rat packs that could thin them down for you before you start pre baiting to catch whats left.

remember there is a serious health risk around homes. :thumbs: and if you cant shift em call in the profesionals. good luck :yes:

Edited by Cleanspade
  • Like 1

ill be up in the morning with my terrier and ferrets, we;ll have em sorted in a few hours for you, , no dout, :laugh: what sorter dogs you got ? and ferrets and smoker ? and bait and traps ? the only person left is 007 james bond i think hes your guy, hes on here once in a while,, if fails ,.

move !

na good luck fella :thumbs:

None of the 'repellers' work, sonic, pulsating or otherwise.

The government tested a load a few years ago and confirmed what we already knew; they are a waste of money and have no impact.

Why have you got rats? What's brought them there?

It's no good just treating the symptoms with traps or dogs or even poison. You've got to get to the bottom of the problem and cut them off at source.

If you have a problem like that and your nabours are sick ov them and it is really seriouce you need to take hedges out and replace hedges with fence as they wont have coverage .as my ex partner had the same problem and thats what I done and she has never had a problem with them again as they just move on just a thaught but good luck mate

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I know it's an old topic, but those long tails are slimey little b*****ds so I'm sure they're not all gone just yet

Plant mint up and down the hedgerow. I know it sounds strange but they have a really acute sense of smell (and my grandfather swears by it).

I'd get dogs in there first though. Mint'll only move them elsewhere