Ennerdale/gillerthwaite & Beyond....

Yesterday seen the sun shining for the best part,no rain for a change so loaded up the dogs & away we went,set off out the house at 11.30am & returned at 6.10pm,had a monster of a trek thankfully it was relatively easy walking,dogs had a blast of a time,wouldn't like to think how far we walked but the mileage would be into double figures lol...forecast rain,thunder,gales and all kinds today & tomorrow so we will have to see what & where we get to nearer the time?...1st time I've seen both pups giving me the deaf ear,three or four times they headed off following people with other dogs etc and totally blanked me,I knew it was coming lol,everything else is going grand,jump ANYTHING without hiccup,walk through livestock including lambs etc no problem..I guess I can't really complain?...

3b1b424ec80048ba83800003a99ac8f3_zpsa90c

b4f7f3f7c6d54c6e4b41b156385edbfe_zpse772

b223c22821cb0e4fcc4afbc685da5387_zpsb4b6

dae245572028f399cf900a4ba6a4e3b8_zps8ebe

27a91033db58b3eea1671b09f222e134_zpsa514

525ed9b043104aaffebb39a83b776d0c_zps834a

• Like 6

Nice part of the world Ennerdale...Nice pics as usual Fugi, love that shot of the three on the wall. ;)

That Pom seems occupied, would it be the same without that wire?

It was to catch Grey Squirrels or atleast that's what it said on the tag? I ain't ever seen a Grey up here in Cumbria but I guess they must be here? Aye it's mad keen for small game lol,just about haha...it'll hunt anything & yap like feck if it gets on to anything so just like a terrier really but without the bite lol..she enjoys being out with the big dogs,better then sitting on the sofa I suppose? It is a lovely area and you can walk for as long as your legs will take you without much hassle..won't be long until we venture back for sure..Atb Andy

• Like 2

do you ever catch any game on these walks with the dogs bud

Obviously at this time of year I ain't out looking and hunting for game I'm just trying to give my pups an education of the countryside but accidents are inevitable especially when I take any of my older seasoned dogs and only yesterday the cur x Don done just that..I could of done without the hassle of it to be honest but it's filled the freezer so it wasn't wasted..

• Like 3

stunning pics ,........that first pic would look nice on the wall with the dogs drinkking looks stunning......

It was a little tarn a couple of miles up the valley beyond Ennerdale lake itself...I sat and had a few cups of tea there lol..

Some stunning pics there as usual mate,

Interesting what you say about the grey squirrels. I was offered some permission in one of the valleys just up from coniston because they "had a problem with grey squirrels" never got round to going up there with the gun but I dont think I have ever seen one when I have been out in the same valley with the dogs

The groundwork is all but done,they are starting to switch on now,they know what's on the "menu" and what isn't (hopefully) ..pretty soon I'll know if the work I've put into them has been worth it?..Between myself & my old curs hopefully we've put them on the right path?..

0deaf4e7918896f21bdbfc2a73f7e8d4_zpsb8b7

• Like 4