2013 British And Irish Lions Tour To Australia.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a great game and a great way to silence the "naysyers" the win was based on a power game and when played correctly is hard to live with for any team imo, yes its one dimensional at times but when

I like the way people of all nations have got behind the British and Irish lions on here. Some of the vitriol towards other nations players on other sites has to be seen to be believed. On this thread

Well a wins a win and thats about all. The ref aside (Dont like slagging refs off) the Lions looked very nervous and seemed to wait to see what the Wallibes did first before doing their own stuff. 3 i

Posted Images

A few surprises there,

Farrell? Well his dad is a coach I suppose. Not that I am suggesting anything untowards. :hmm:

Hartley? Less said the better.

Stevens? Just why?

Best left out. That could be down to his throwing that has gone to pot this year.

Robshaw? There again why? He was immence against Wales in the 6 nations the only English forward to put his hand up and give it his all.

TC

johny boy and malt............get a room........ :laugh::thumbs:

Are you feeling left out? :tongue2: ..... :laugh:

im not but alot of the england players are feeling left out........... :cray::whistling:

And a few of them cannot believe thier luck ;)

TC

johny boy and malt............get a room........ :laugh::thumbs:

Are you feeling left out? :tongue2: ..... :laugh:

im not but alot of the england players are feeling left out........... :cray::whistling:

A good few of them can feel hard done by imo, Robshaw, Launchbury, Wood, Foden would've been picked if he was 100% fit but the biggest shock for me was leaving Ben Morgan out, he's been head and shoulders above Heaslip.

Some strange selections IMO.

3 English props ?? 2 English hookers ?? No Rory Best ?? Matt Stevens doesn't even play international rugby any more. No Ryan Jones ??

I'd have O'Connell as captain, because i think he's guaranteed his place, where as I wouldn't even have Warburton on the plane. If you don't want to captain your country, then you shouldn't captain the Lions.

My Test team.

Forwards;

Jenkins, Youngs, A Jones.

O'Connell, AW Jones.

Tipuric, Faletau, Croft.

The Girls;

Phillips,

Farrell (Should be Wilko, but never mind)

Davis,

BOD,

North,

Cuthbert,

Kearney.

..........Oh, and i would have a coach from the Home Countries rather than a foreigner.

3 English props ?? 2 English hookers ?? No Rory Best ?? Matt Stevens doesn't even play international rugby any more. No Ryan Jones ??

I'd have O'Connell as captain, because i think he's guaranteed his place, where as I wouldn't even have Warburton on the plane. If you don't want to captain your country, then you shouldn't captain the Lions.

My Test team.

Forwards;

O'Connell, AW Jones.

Tipuric, Faletau, Croft.

The Girls;

Phillips,

Davis,

BOD,

North,

Cuthbert,

Kearney.

..........Oh, and i would have a coach from the Home Countries rather than a foreigner.

I can understand your reasoning behind Warburton not being captain but on form he's a class act, why wouldn't you pick him in the squad? :thumbs:

• Like 2

My Test team.

Forwards;

O'Connell, AW Jones.

Tipuric, Faletau, Croft.

The Girls;

Phillips,

Davis,

BOD,

North,

Cuthbert,

Kearney.

I can understand your reasoning behind Warburton not being captain but on form he's a class act, why wouldn't you pick him in the squad? :thumbs:

IMO Wales played better without Warburton. Ryan Jones was superb when he came in and i didn't think Wales missed Warburton. My back row would have been Tipiruc, R Jones, and Croft.

Surley with Warburton playing, the rest of the back row will have to be Welsh, can't see anyone else getting a look in.

I think the Welsh back row is very well balanced. However i think R Jones is better than Faletau. I also think Croft is better than Warburton. Jones isn't going, so Faletau will probably start (Heaslip is out of form) Warburton will always start, off course. So no Croft. So they might just as well pick the whole Welsh back row.

• 2 weeks later...