Local Elections

I saw a program on it once, testament to what us Brits can do with the always seemingly basic tools we have at our disposal! :good: Not that I'm saying the Vulcan was basic, but it was never designed to operate at anywhere near that range.. :thumbs:

The entire British Military wasn't really either! :laugh:

As you say, it's a true testiment to 1980's Britain. Nobody believed we could do it but a few Admirals in the Royal Navy. :thumbs:

Edited to add; Another reason to vote UKIP, they back our forces 100% and understand the need for a world leading Blue water navy with an Independant Island state.

have you read " two weeks in May" by the captain of HMS Coventry and his account of her deployment to the south atlantic and her subsequent sinking after 3 1000lb bombs dropped by two argantinian skyhawks ? The vulcan was based just up the road from me at bruntingthorpe, i also had the pleasure of seeing them operating out of Waddingtom in the early 80`s

No Paulus I haven't. I'm currently reading 'The Falklands War', a chapter at a time.............. the argies have invaded and the British task force has been dispatched............ It's all very exciting! LOL. I've read lots of individual bits regards the conflict etc but never something that covered all of the events so thought it was about time.

Edited by Born Hunter

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already had the media wing of the Labour/con/libs ( otherwise known as the BBC) saying its a protest vote for the clowns!!!........this is how little they think of the ordinary man.   The normal " i

I suppose we will have to appologise to Argentina next, we have had to applogise to everyone else for everything we acheived in our great history !!!   I happen to think that the people of the unite

Don't forget to vote UKIP on the 2nd of May.....lets get these so called " career" politicians OUT !!!

Posted Images

I saw a program on it once, testament to what us Brits can do with the always seemingly basic tools we have at our disposal! :good: Not that I'm saying the Vulcan was basic, but it was never designed to operate at anywhere near that range.. :thumbs:

The entire British Military wasn't really either! :laugh:

As you say, it's a true testiment to 1980's Britain. Nobody believed we could do it but a few Admirals in the Royal Navy. :thumbs:

Edited to add; Another reason to vote UKIP, they back our forces 100% and understand the need for a world leading Blue water navy with an Independant Island state.

have you read " two weeks in May" by the captain of HMS Coventry and his account of her deployment to the south atlantic and her subsequent sinking after 3 1000lb bombs dropped by two argantinian skyhawks ? The vulcan was based just up the road from me at bruntingthorpe, i also had the pleasure of seeing them operating out of Waddingtom in the early 80`s

No Paulus I haven't. I'm currently reading 'The Falklands War', a chapter at a time.............. the argies have invaded and the British task force has been dispatched............ It's all very exciting! LOL. I've read lots of individual bits regards the conflict etc but never something that covered all of the events so thought it was about time.

its a good read, How we ever won that war with the equipment we had at that time was a testiment to British ingenuity :laugh:

I suppose we will have to appologise to Argentina next, we have had to applogise to everyone else for everything we acheived in our great history !!!

I happen to think that the people of the united kingdom are one of the finest examples of a people on the planet......we have consistently punched well above our size for over a thousand years.

Shame our political masters dont think enough of us to even let us decide if we want to be ruled by the EU or not..........shame on them!!

They will find out, same as everyone else who ever though that the people of this nation would take being "bent over" likely !!

• Like 12

I suppose we will have to appologise to Argentina next, we have had to applogise to everyone else for everything we acheived in our great history !!!

I happen to think that the people of the united kingdom are one of the finest examples of a people on the planet......we have consistently punched well above our size for over a thousand years.

Shame our political masters dont think enough of us to even let us decide if we want to be ruled by the EU or not..........shame on them!!

They will find out, same as everyone else who ever though that the people of this nation would take being "bent over" likely !!

Bravo Wilf. :clapper: My thoughts exactly put into words. Great stuff. :thumbs:

• Like 1

. In two years we should celebrate the greatest battle. The battle Of WATERLOO. What have the gimps in govement said. Oh no we can not upset the french the same qizzlings we twice came to the aid of and they cow tow to them Next year is the EURO MEP ELECTIONS JUST IMAGINE UKIP. TAKING OVER THE UK DELIGATION IN BRUSSELS. OH. WOULD THAT AMUSE !!!!!! Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

I know you are quite exited gonetoearth, but really, you think there will be a BIG upset ?

Judging by these elections, i would say a small upset, then ukip joining the torys and us all getting shafted again.

I just voted ukip, and though its nice they done better, they hardly stormed it, there are still a VAST majority voting for labour and the torys.

Looks like labour were the true winners of this bout of elections.

Now Wilf that is a post. and a half :thumbs: .........

I know you are quite exited gonetoearth, but really, you think there will be a BIG upset ?

Judging by these elections, i would say a small upset, then ukip joining the torys and us all getting shafted again.

I just voted ukip, and though its nice they done better, they hardly stormed it, there are still a VAST majority voting for labour and the torys.

. Whos excited not i bud. A small upset think you will find its a little bit more than a small upset they have rattled the the tories and labout in every council election. And put the tories in to third in one mp re election ! The vast maj as you call it are the die hards. Local counsil election never draw big turn outs but 25% just voted for a gang of clowns who is laughing now Small upset. I think not Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2

Surely just "ruffling the feathers" of the big boys is a start, making them think is better than any "smaller" party has really achieved ( from what I can remember),

As a lot on here.. and generally.. I'm not over clued up on politics, but I can see and hear, and pretty much know that whats been going on for the last decade or more is not something to make you happy or even proud.... the honest working man has been shafted for too long, if nothing more than forcing some changes, with out the need for riots or worse is a step in the right direction in my book...

• Like 1

I agree newkid, its certainly a step in the right direction.

I had hoped for more though.

. What did you expect in townhall elections put it in to perspective. Local shop keepers business men run for council office many known by all who live in the community UKIP out of the blue throw in a candidate who had in some cases never been in that siuation before and in many cases have beaten long standing candidates And in others came close seconds and even won. , one swallow yes but out of little acorns grow. Anything that wipes the smile off the smug twats kippers is a right result for me

one thing that did shock me was the turn out, what a shit state this country is in when less than 1/3 can even be "Boovered" to actually walk up the road and vote.

• Like 4