Pup Drooling When In Car, Any Cures ?

I've got a springer and I put it in the car even if i'm just going to the shop and back, I do this so it doesn't get overly excited and think every time it goes in the car it's going shooting, beating or for a walk in the country, mind you he's too smart for his own good and knows if the guns go in, he's out for the day:) I have a cage in the back which I had in the house for a week first with treats in to get him used to it, so once it went into the back of the car he was happy to jump straight in.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a good 20-30 mins before the journey, or it won't have time to be absorbed into body. If the dog won't eat the ginger biscuits, you can buy ginger capsules really cheaply from Holland and Barratt - gi

It'll take time I have an 11 month old alaunt bitch here who couldn't travel more than a mile or two when she was a pup without getting stressed and slobbering and even being sick...short and often is

If you stop the journey before they start dribbling and getting stressed, they have a "good experience" - repeat that, and you will be able to extend the journey. Each time they get stressed and dribb

Travelling can make the dog nauseous so try not to feed them alot before your journey. Takes time getting used to as said short journeys at a time. Even the dog in front with you can help. If your dog is normaly dry and starts drooling could be a sign that they have problems with their teeth or gums which would need checked.

Travelling can make the dog nauseous so try not to feed them alot before your journey. Takes time getting used to as said short journeys at a time. Even the dog in front with you can help. If your dog is normaly dry and starts drooling could be a sign that they have problems with their teeth or gums which would need checked.

cheers

feed it in the car

How will feeding them in the help ??

TFAFBISG - can you use calms ?? But not sure if it will effect proformance with exercising after

dogs that are travel sick uselay have a fear of the car/van dogs love food so they will soon learn to associate the car/van with food not rocket science

• 2 weeks later...

feed it in the car

How will feeding them in the help ??

TFAFBISG - can you use calms ?? But not sure if it will effect proformance with exercising after

not sure about them, I will try ginger capsules first, seems like that has worked for a few people

fens she wont come good ive had a few she wont make a comp bitch but use her for a bobbery pack be fine ures in electralytes the pinkster