Kennel Dogs

There are pro's and con's for both living inside and outside :yes:

Does living either way make them run or work any better :hmm:

My answer is, if the dog is looked after properly it wont matter at all if its kept inside or out :)

• Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Mostly' bollocks I think.   Although a dog kenneled out in colder weather will have a better tolerance to the cold, and and probably a slightly thicker jacket. Although it shouldnt make that much d

a nother pointles thread

Lol......dae you????

I think of it like this, we go up Scotland (wick) once a year shooting geese a very bleak cold place to be in winter. Some of the farmers/locals up there live in old houses that don't look fit for a dog single glazed windows some just bordered up no central heating etc and when matey comes to the door he's stood in a vest or t shirt where stood there with 2 layers of clothes on thermals and a Woolley hat. I think a dog that is out in a Kennal will not feel the cold as much as as a dog that is laid up at the side of the radiator all day, going back to something someone said earlier about house dogs living longer i can Bileve that as half of these that do live up there in the rough parts do look f****d by the time there 30. Having said all that I don't think it makes any difference to there working ability

• Like 1

I keneld my lurcher recently because I just had a baby and he improved in the field over night, he was approaching a year old and was still puppy like out on the lamp, since being banged up he don't leave my side and retrieves like a mature dog.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't matter at all. If a lurcher is bought on right and not over-matched too early or overworked it'll perform to the best of it's abilities provided it's fit and fed right. Simples.

my dogs a kenneled but the short haired i always put coats on when its cold winter nights keeps there condition or they go thin if they worked hard dogs just as happy with there own space kenneled outside indoors they happy like but they get to wise my bitch can let itself out a door even if it has to pull the handle down and pull the door inwards but she got kennelled no bother

My old collie cross would jump out of his run and sleep on my garden even with snow on the ground.guy next door came around to have a moan that I was cruel, until I put the dog away and he watched it scale 7 ft to get out.if it was really wet I would let him sleep in the kitchen.then I put some orange plastic stuff they put around holes dug in the roads over his dog run.

if living in a run made them harder does it matter what the run floor is made from???

i mean are dogs walking on a concrete base harder than walking on a slabbed base or would mud / gravel / sand or glass make them harder :hmm:

I keneld my lurcher recently because I just had a baby and he improved in the field over night, he was approaching a year old and was still puppy like out on the lamp, since being banged up he don't leave my side and retrieves like a mature dog.

That must be the most stupid comment I have read on here since becoming a member... :blink:

• Like 2