First Cross Or 3/4 Whippet X Bedlington ?

As the title says im thinking of getting either a first cross beddy/whip or 3/4, not done much with lurchers to be honest, so a bit of advice wouldnt go amiss. Im after doing a bit of mooching and lamping mainly. Want sommat small as space is an issue as ive got terriers as well. Cheers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Milly whip/grey x whippet /bedlington  

first cross

beddy whippet 2nd cross

Posted Images

if your running land thats tight fields i would go 3/4 i run a 3/4 but have run first x to i find the the first cross can lack gears and let the dog down on the lamp but mine is 22 tts so not really small works day and night very fast up on to them and goes through its gears on hedges can burst on to its rabbit but as a general mooching dog a first cross can be good fun hope you think about the land you want the dog to run as it is down to you as well as the dog.atb

482673_10200707630801008_1753537366_n.jp

• Like 3

if your running land thats tight fields i would go 3/4 i run a 3/4 but have run first x to i find the the first cross can lack gears and let the dog down on the lamp but mine is 22 tts so not really small works day and night very fast up on to them and goes through its gears on hedges can burst on to its rabbit but as a general mooching dog a first cross can be good fun hope you think about the land you want the dog to run as it is down to you as well as the dog.atb482673_10200707630801008_1753537366_n.jp

nice looking dog ;)
  • Like 1

if your running land thats tight fields i would go 3/4 i run a 3/4 but have run first x to i find the the first cross can lack gears and let the dog down on the lamp but mine is 22 tts so not really small works day and night very fast up on to them and goes through its gears on hedges can burst on to its rabbit but as a general mooching dog a first cross can be good fun hope you think about the land you want the dog to run as it is down to you as well as the dog.atb

Very nice dog Troter :yes::thumbs:

That's a beauty mate!

That's a beauty mate!

cheers lads :thumbs: sowhat on here as a very nice bitch with grey in the mix get your photos up show the lad different types :yes:

• Like 2

Cheers for the response lads, seems 3/4 is going to be my best bet. Ive a bit of a mixture of land to go at not really huge fields on my permission and some rough moorland near my house. Id appreciate some pics of different types anyone has.