Will The Minutes Silnce Work At The Football On Saturday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The minute silence is to show respect for someone who has passed away. Why would anyone observe it if they don't respect her? It's a load of pish anyhow, minute silence for politicians, queen mother..

If you asked me about Thatcher last week I would of ranted and raved about her exploits and given vent to my spleen for hours ,now though she is just an old lady who died , those who admired or respe

thatcher ,...............good or bad any body with a brain will respect the minute...........

my mrs had a minutes silence before a rugby game( what was she to do with the game)she came too watch and im sure iron lady watched a bit of sport from time to time ,..........and i kept it local but she could of had a couple more clubs giving a minutes silence......, yeah she was married to a rugby player but a minutes silence for a life time surely isnt to much too ask....

is family of players deserving a minutes silence.....? is famous people deserving a minutes silence? what about reckognised charity workers who have done a lifetime of fundraising but have nothing to do with any sport..?

everyone is different but whever you agree or not i think you should respect just one minute.....but thats my opionion.....and i can see the reasoning behind your views ......

each to there own ,...we all have different morals...

Rugby games declare there holding it. :yes:

thats malt down at bridgend with his banner then ...

I don't think many Welsh games will hold one, it ain't the posh feckers who go to rugby matches here.. :no:

heard the celtic boys are bringing rod stewart on at half time for a redition of wake up maggie :laugh:

Well ive been to some rocking days/nights at Parkhead but that would be some sing song...... :yes:

my mrs had a minutes silence before a rugby game( what was she to do with the game)she came too watch and im sure iron lady watched a bit of sport from time to time ,..........and i kept it local but she could of had a couple more clubs giving a minutes silence......, yeah she was married to a rugby player but a minutes silence for a life time surely isnt to much too ask....

is family of players deserving a minutes silence.....? is famous people deserving a minutes silence? what about reckognised charity workers who have done a lifetime of fundraising but have nothing to do with any sport..?

everyone is different but whever you agree or not i think you should respect just one minute.....but thats my opionion.....and i can see the reasoning behind your views ......

Nothing to do with morals. Football is getting used more and more as a tool to show our countries respect for people who not everyone respected. When it goes Pete tong, its the football club that pays the price. Why should it be forced into this situation, its only a football club, nothing to do with politics, celebrities etc etc. if its someone who supported,played, managed, etc etc that or a relative club then fair enough. Other than that, it shouldn't happen. Celtic has done a lot for football related disasters, ibrox, etc. we gave money to a European club when we played them cos one of their players got killed in a motorbike accident. Our fans won the best fans in the world award. Morally we are a very good supported club. But we stand for what we believe and that's no to respecting a minutes silence for a well hated politician that has heehaw to do with football.

........i dont see it as a rich against poor conflict ,....im poorer than poor but i will give a minute for any one even me worst enemies,.....as long as someone hasnt done anything morally wrong,....we had a local buisnessman murdered here ,....he would buy run down buisnesses and promise them this and that and stitch them up and come out smelling of roses financially time and time again......

well his down fall was when he stitched up a bloke who lost his house and familiy ,...........he went round to his house and shot him on his own door step and then killed himself in the church yard........

would i put iron lady in the category as this buisnessman ,..........me personally i wouldnt .......

i wouldnt give the buisnessman a minute of my piss......but was lady thatcher really that bad,.......i morally think she wasnt , it was the same for every person who lived under her reign . each to there own....and it has been said she wouldnt of let these aliens on our land .......

Nothing to do with morals. Football is getting used more and more as a tool to show our countries respect for people who not everyone respected. When it goes Pete tong, its the football club that pays the price. Why should it be forced into this situation, its only a football club, nothing to do with politics, celebrities etc etc. if its someone who supported,played, managed, etc etc that or a relative club then fair enough. Other than that, it shouldn't happen. Celtic has done a lot for football related disasters, ibrox, etc. we gave money to a European club when we played them cos one of their players got killed in a motorbike accident. Our fans won the best fans in the world award. Morally we are a very good supported club. But we stand for what we believe and that's no to respecting a minutes silence for a well hated politician that has heehaw to do with football.

well i think sport is involved in everyones life at some point.......when some one has a bad name it sticks and it gets worst .........sadly most who boo the minutes silence wont even know why there booing and some wouldnt of even lived under her during her era.....

>

well i think sport is involved in everyones life at some point.......when some one has a bad name it sticks and it gets worst .........sadly most who boo the minutes silence wont even know why there booing and some wouldnt of even lived under her during her era.....

I'm getting your point mate....personally i'd rather just turn up late and miss the silence rather than boo......thats just me. But i certainly wouldn't be annoyed at anyone who decided to boo......i dont know there circumstances and how Maggie effected them in life. Maybe it will be a chance for some folk to verbally stick 2 fingers up at her....its a silly thing to ask half pissed supporters to do anyway.... :thumbs:

• Like 1