American Stags In Europe???

I didn't figure I'd find anyone who had seen some US dogs. I'm going to sit back and be patient. Thanks for all of the comments though. I'm new to the sighthounds and it all is educational for me.

after years at it, its still a education to me as are a few of the topics posted on this site :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yanks dont weed any harder than yall do. We dont have any better dogs either. Dont let all the romantic bullshit on the interwebs fool ya. People are people and dogs is dogs. We may sound a bi

Yep,,, just the yank name for a lurcher,,, and the ozy one come to that,,, and some travellers call lurchers stags,, or stag hounds.   One thing though about the yank ones though,, is what I have pi

I think, from the little I know of stags/lurchers (whatever) in the USA, there are far fewer dogs in pet homes, bred for showing, racing, or a bit of part time hobby hunting than there are here in the

Posted Images

The only difference I can see between our lurchers and american stags is they favour bigger breeds all there animals look 27tts plus.

Only cuz what you see is mostly the coyote dogs. Anything much smaller than 27 inches and 75 pounds struggles all the way round when coyote huntin. The long distance runs, the staying sighted in tall grass/sage, and then having the strength and power to keep a coyote pinned down. The dogs almost have to be of the bigger type.

The only difference I can see between our lurchers and american stags is they favour bigger breeds all there animals look 27tts plus.

Only cuz what you see is mostly the coyote dogs. Anything much smaller than 27 inches and 75 pounds struggles all the way round when coyote huntin. The long distance runs, the staying sighted in tall grass/sage, and then having the strength and power to keep a coyote pinned down. The dogs almost have to be of the bigger type.

that makes perfect sense :yes:

that makes perfect sense :yes:

Ya I usually do. HAHA!

One american working dog I would like to see,after what I have read about them would be the cunningham greyhound

Never seen one in the flesh but they were some snappy lookin lil sumbitches in the pictures I seen.

I edited to say in pictures.

It was in the gazehounds and coursing book by Dutch salmon where I read about them,think there was a dog called filo 31 inch tts,that was said to have been able to stay on a jack rabbit for 3 minutes with the salukis,do you get a chance to run the rabbits dan or are you too busy sorting the coyotes out

Ive that book here, page 55 theres a pic of a smoothcoated white dog called fino, 31“ and 94lbs a coldblood greyhound. Can post a pic of the page if you want?

One american working dog I would like to see,after what I have read about them would be the cunningham greyhound

Never seen one in the flesh but they were some snappy lookin lil sumbitches in the pictures I seen.

I edited to say in pictures.

It was in the gazehounds and coursing book by Dutch salmon where I read about them,think there was a dog called filo 31 inch tts,that was said to have been able to stay on a jack rabbit for 3 minutes with the salukis,do you get a chance to run the rabbits dan or are you too busy sorting the coyotes out

Ive that book here, page 55 theres a pic of a smoothcoated white dog called fino, 31“ and 94lbs a coldblood greyhound. Can post a pic of the page if you want?

Ya thats the dog he's talkin bout. He just got him confused with the cunningham strain that he also talks about in that book which are smaller snappier type dogs with what he calls alligator jaws.