American Stags In Europe???

One american working dog I would like to see,after what I have read about them would be the cunningham greyhound

Never seen one in the flesh but they were some snappy lookin lil sumbitches in the pictures I seen.

I edited to say in pictures.

Edited by Dan Edwards

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yanks dont weed any harder than yall do. We dont have any better dogs either. Dont let all the romantic bullshit on the interwebs fool ya. People are people and dogs is dogs. We may sound a bi

Yep,,, just the yank name for a lurcher,,, and the ozy one come to that,,, and some travellers call lurchers stags,, or stag hounds.   One thing though about the yank ones though,, is what I have pi

I think, from the little I know of stags/lurchers (whatever) in the USA, there are far fewer dogs in pet homes, bred for showing, racing, or a bit of part time hobby hunting than there are here in the

Posted Images

I think, from the little I know of stags/lurchers (whatever) in the USA, there are far fewer dogs in pet homes, bred for showing, racing, or a bit of part time hobby hunting than there are here in the UK. I would guess that around 80% of the lurcher population in the UK aren't hard core hunting or coursing dogs. Could be wrong mind, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.

• Like 3

Yep,,, just the yank name for a lurcher,,, and the ozy one come to that,,, and some travellers call lurchers stags,, or stag hounds.

One thing though about the yank ones though,, is what I have picked up of this site,,, is that they are a very long line,, going back many generations,,, and I have the feeling the yanks,,,weed out week stock far more than we do,

The yanks dont weed any harder than yall do. We dont have any better dogs either. Dont let all the romantic bullshit on the interwebs fool ya. People are people and dogs is dogs. We may sound a bit different but in the end there aint a damn bit of difference.

Well you do drink Busch light that's a bit of a difference :whistling::laugh:

Yep,,, just the yank name for a lurcher,,, and the ozy one come to that,,, and some travellers call lurchers stags,, or stag hounds.

One thing though about the yank ones though,, is what I have picked up of this site,,, is that they are a very long line,, going back many generations,,, and I have the feeling the yanks,,,weed out week stock far more than we do,

The yanks dont weed any harder than yall do. We dont have any better dogs either. Dont let all the romantic bullshit on the interwebs fool ya. People are people and dogs is dogs. We may sound a bit different but in the end there aint a damn bit of difference.

Well you do drink Busch light that's a bit of a difference :whistling::laugh:

Ya by the gallons. HAHA! Its good stuff.

I think, from the little I know of stags/lurchers (whatever) in the USA, there are far fewer dogs in pet homes, bred for showing, racing, or a bit of part time hobby hunting than there are here in the UK. I would guess that around 80% of the lurcher population in the UK aren't hard core hunting or coursing dogs. Could be wrong mind, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.

I dont know of any in pet homes but there are some phony sumbitches over here that act like they do alot of hunting but they dont do hardly none at all. Or if they do they keep so many damn dogs that they dont have a clue what they got. There are good and bad in every country/nation I'm sure.

• Like 2

I dont know of any in pet homes but there are some phony sumbitches over here that act like they do alot of hunting but they dont do hardly none at all. Or if they do they keep so many damn dogs that they dont have a clue what they got. There are good and bad in every country/nation I'm sure.

weve got our fair share aswell :laugh:

One american working dog I would like to see,after what I have read about them would be the cunningham greyhound

Never seen one in the flesh but they were some snappy lookin lil sumbitches in the pictures I seen.

It was in the gazehounds and coursing book by Dutch salmon where I read about them,think there was a dog called filo 31 inch tts,that was said to have been able to stay on a jack rabbit for 3 minutes with the salukis,do you get a chance to run the rabbits dan or are you too busy sorting the coyotes out

The cunnin

It was in the gazehounds and coursing book by Dutch salmon where I read about them,think there was a dog called filo 31 inch tts,that was said to have been able to stay on a jack rabbit for 3 minutes with the salukis,do you get a chance to run the rabbits dan or are you too busy sorting the coyotes out

The cunninghams are lil dogs. That big white greyhound was not a cunningham.

Oh right it was a good few years ago when I read that book,thought it was just what you called the working greyhounds that you have over there cheers

When I was a kid growin up the slick coated coyote dogs were called greyhounds and the hairy ones were called deerhounds. Somebody wrote a damn book and now all of a sudden they are staghounds. You ask any of the younger guys bout my age that actually grew up around them dogs and they will tell you the same thing I'm sayin right now. We never had em but my ole man worked on a racing quarter horse ranch in OK and everybody had running hounds and greyhounds cuz the coyotes are crazy out there. They are everywhere out west.

I would imagine that not many have been brought over (if any). I don't see where you would have the need for them but if they were there it would be interesting to find out how they stack up. Has anyone from over there even seen any of them and be willing to comment? They look about like this:

I know G hosker lined one or two greyhounds with a doxhope dog and the pups we're sent over to america,they we're good stuff over here,think they might have been of some use to the coyote men,hope so anyway