Magaret Thatcher Poll - Did More Good Or More Bad

Thatcher Poll  

150 members have voted

1. 1. She did more good or bad

• She did more good
    • She did more bad

Copied from elsewhere, apparently she done the below. (now gonna edit to add POLL)

• Branding Nelson Mandela a terrorist
  • Supporting Apartheid
  • Giving aid to Pol Pot
  • Supporting Pinochet
  • Dismantled the unions
  • Destroyed British manufacturing – the steel works, mining and dock working industries
  • Left millions of working class Brits unemployed
  • Sold off Britain’s assets, including British Gas
  • Started the disastrous swathe of privatisation that continues to this day
  • Introduced the poll tax
  • Increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%
  • Cut the benefits system down to the bare bones
  • Left the NHS so underfunded that the horror stories of poor care remain a mark on British healthcare today
  • Used the British military, dressed in police uniform, to handle protests and strikes
  • Permitted brutal police measures
  • Allowed 10 Irish political prisoners to die during hunger strike
  • Dismantled the council house system, leaving a housing shortage for the poor that continues to this day
  • Was a close friend of Jimmy Savile
  • Enacted Section 28
  • Hated feminism and feminists

Edited by GD Waz

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I can see, and i remember bin bags piled high in the streets and blackouts, the unions and its members took the piss and got ironed out. Get over it......we lost docking along the Thames lo

So let me get this right......she single handedly closed the mines, closed the shop yards, got rid of the car industry, liberated the banks so they eventually could land us in the economical melt down

say what you like about her she was her own woman and stood by her convictions and something else about her she would never have given in to pressure like blair was and allowed the hunting ban to be p

Posted Images

• Stood up for what she believed in
  • Allowed millions to buy their own homes
  • Didn't allow the unions to hold the country to ransom
  • Got the economy sorted
  • Played a major role in ending the cold war
  • Threw the Argies out of the Falklands
  • Didn't give Gibralta back to the Spanish
  • Didn't let the Yanks bully her into needless conflict
  • Got us a huge financial rebate from Europe
  • Didn't allow the French and Germans a free hand to rule Europe
  • Didn't give in to Terrorists in Ireland
  • and lots, lots more.

Why people think it's OK to celebrate the death of an old lady who has been out of power for 23 years is beyond me.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here; but I can well remember the misery of the 70's when the unions held the whole country to ransom at every opportunity.

It's also galls to read that people like Gerry Adams are claiming that she killed innocent people in Ireland. Talk about two faced liars with selective memories.

She's gone, get over it. I wonder if I should throw a party when Scargill (the criminal that destroyed mining and unions in Britain) dies?

If we had politicians like that today hunting wouldn't have been outlawed.

The shallow, vain twats like Blair and Cameron don't deserve to breath the same air as the likes of Maggie.

She was honest Banter, and stood up for what she believed in, either right or wrong.

The latest shower of spineless twats are dishonest beyond belief, and would sell their souls at the drop of a hat.

Can you imagine Maggie taking a million pound bribe from LACS??

She was honest Banter, and stood up for what she believed in, either right or wrong.

The latest shower of spineless twats are dishonest beyond belief, and would sell their souls at the drop of a hat.

Can you imagine Maggie taking a million pound bribe from LACS??

maggie pulled the tit out of kids mouths
  • Like 2

When those 'kids' you talk about are actually teenagers, then that's a good thing.

I can well remember rubbish piled up in the streets, and the three day week. What was it all for? Certain workers were demanding a pay rise of 35% over inflation, and held the country to ransom for it.

She told everyone that she wouldn't allow it to happen again; and she didn't.

If she was so terrible, how did she never lose an election? I'll tell you how; the majority of the electorate at that time benefited from her strong leadership at a time when the alternative was the loonie Foot, and then the Welsh Windbag that was Kinnock.

If you want someone to blame for the miners strike, try Scargill. He thought he was more powerful than our democratically elected government, and wouldn't back down. He was the villain of the piece, NOT the prime minister.

Taken from another forum:

I can remember a documentary about the BMC company and producing the Mini.
Some of us will be able to remember Red Robbo......a Union Man from the company.
Apparently either BMC wanted to add an ashtray or modify the existing ash tray, nothing exceptional really.
Except the change needed to be negotiated with the unions involved, before anything could be implemented.
As I remember it the final deal involved extra money for the workers.
Also that BMC never made any profit on any Mini ever built.
Meanwhile quotas were being imposed on Japanese car manufacturers.....Datsun, Toyota, Mazda etc to prevent them from flooding the market with so called unfair competition.
The GPO......apply for a phone line and wait.....and wait....and wait nearly three months was the going rate in the 70's.
NCB were no better......drop of a hat and Miners would be on strike, ably led by clever orators.
King Arther was fighting for what was in effect a three day week for underground workers.......
The country was a shambles.
For thirty odd years after the Second World War Unions became steadily more and more in charge of the country's fortunes.
Based on their experiences of the two decades prior to the War no one could blame them. Life for the working many was nothing more than poverty.
Over the years unions won many dramatic victories for there members, giving much needed improvements in their members lives.
During the 70's the nation was held to ransom by despotic union leaders, a cabal of anti capitalist dinosaurs.
Their success was their downfall......They brought about the election of Mrs Thatcher themselves.........all the wailing about the destruction of communities etc etc......if it had not been Mrs Thatcher it would eventually have been someone else.
Right or wrong the unions got a walloping......no different to what they themselves had been dishing out over the previous years, but the repercussions were much more apparent, ably exploited by the loosing side (the unions).
They took on the government and believed they could win......they didn't!
Local Hard Left Labour MP appeared on our local news prog last night bemoaning the loss of the Pits and the shipyards.....apparently he feels that the troublesome youngsters of today would be usefully employed in the mines and the shipyards, thus removing the problems of the streets.
Bit of a leap to see some of today's teenagers being prepared to work underground in an 18 inch seam a couple of miles under the North Sea.
As with the Bankers they largely brought about their own downfall.....greed got the better of them, only to spend their time squirming and trying to deflect the blame.
To be remembered, Mrs Thatcher was never defeated by the electorate!
The population at large believed in her and continued to elect her.
A true majority.
That must never be forgotten.

When those 'kids' you talk about are actually teenagers, then that's a good thing.

I can well remember rubbish piled up in the streets, and the three day week. What was it all for? Certain workers were demanding a pay rise of 35% over inflation, and held the country to ransom for it.

She told everyone that she wouldn't allow it to happen again; and she didn't.

If she was so terrible, how did she never lose an election? I'll tell you how; the majority of the electorate at that time benefited from her strong leadership at a time when the alternative was the loonie Foot, and then the Welsh Windbag that was Kinnock.

If you want someone to blame for the miners strike, try Scargill. He thought he was more powerful than our democratically elected government, and wouldn't back down. He was the villain of the piece, NOT the prime minister.

i couldnt blame any of them i was on the tit when she with held it
  • Like 1

end of the day it was 23 years ago when she left office..............does anyone really care anymore??? lot more to worry about than a few mines closing when yorkshire finally discovered electricity............... :whistling::D

• Like 1

As with the Bankers they largely brought about their own downfall.....greed got the better of them, only to spend their time squirming and trying to deflect the blame.

To be remembered, Mrs Thatcher was never defeated by the electorate!

The deregulation that began during the Thatcherite period is what enabled the Bankers to do so..

She never lost an election true, she was knifed and booted out before she got the opportunity too....how different would she have been perceived if shed remained leader and lost that election.