Do Football Fans Deserve More

would you be moaning iv that point had saved you from relegation??? i think not..youd have been celebrating like you had won the league!!! (at least you didnt have cups off psiss and siht thrown at yhou like we have had there!!)

i was at chelsea last week and united didnt turn up...bar a few chances....but never once did we boo our team!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know its a desperate game when you got to find other ways to entertain yourself.....this is what we had to resort to sunday......but at least we might win something this season http://www.101gre

You miss the point Stewie, I totally get where gnash is coming from. My clubs Celtic(incase anyone didn't know ) I'd hate them to move down to the English prem. yes Scottish football is shite but its

I meant the game in terms of what its about......essentially,its a competition to see who wins and who loses.....nothing changed has it ?   And ive said for many years i feel sorry for fans of clubs

Posted Images

would you be moaning iv that point had saved you from relegation??? i think not..youd have been celebrating like you had won the league!!! (at least you didnt have cups off psiss and siht thrown at yhou like we have had there!!)

i was at chelsea last week and united didnt turn up...bar a few chances....but never once did we boo our team!!!

Thats the point...Apart from Gerrard and Suarez Liverpool are a very average team and we are mid table with no real big threat of going down.

I like Gold & Sullivan it makes me proud my club is owned by a couple of local lads done good..............but they are playing a dangerous game at the moment,taking the tradition of Upton Park away is a huge test for some of us in terms of loyalty.......but taking the tradition of playing decent football at the same time will push some fans over the edge.......................and i believe its your loyal backbone of hardcore fans a club ultimately relies on......We are not like Utd or Liverpool with fans spread across the country this is a club for local people.

We always take good numbers away and I agree with Gnasher, for some lads that day will have been a big dent in there wage packet and the team is almost honour bound to compete in my eyes

You know what this clubs like Wilf.....i still see some of the same faces at away games ive been seeing for 30 years !!......People you feel like you know as friends yet in reality you only ever see them on a saturday aftenoon...........passing some of them on the motorway in cars they have probably paid more in petrol for the day than their car is even worth !..........Many a time ive chucked a few lads i barely know in my car who otherwise wouldnt be able to afford the trip......to some people football is a religion they cannot ignore regardless of silly little things like whether they can afford it or not !............Its them i feel sorry for.....like i say should a fan be rewarded for loyalty or punished like we was yesterday.

not that old chestnut fella! utd have sold the name to the training ground....will old trafford be up for sale soon???? unfortunately money talks in the prem... even bburn won it [BANNED TEXT] they had walkers millions behind them...

Man Utd are one of...if not the biggest club in world football...............a club that is used to success...........have they gone against their principals ?

Yes money talks in the premier league.................i still dont think that means you have to sell out on 100 years of tradition whether your Man Utd or Yeovil Town you are what you are.............playing football for generations never hurt this club off the pitch,why should it now............or are we saying the game on the pitch is different ?...........because if playing terrible football can bring the same reward as playing brilliant football then maybe its the rules we need to be looking at.

the game ON the pitch is 100 miles from what it used to be (for the worse ) they cant go in hard now or challenge a keeper!!the lists endless.... not sayin any club should sell its soul... but money is a massive factor at the minute!!! iv some oil billionaire came in and took the hammers to a league title and success in europe...would you not be a little bit buzzing?

I don't know here Gnasher. You've gotta be careful what you wish for, would you prefer gung ho attacking football, score a few but concede lots and possibly end up getting beat? Or sit back and earn a point that goes towards Premiership survival?

Better to be a mid table Prem side that picks up points away at the likes of Liverpool than right at the foot of the table because your defense is wide open and you're leaking goals...

Just my opinion, but most teams in the Prem would be chuffed with a point at Anfield. They aren't the power house they used to be but they've still got something about them :yes:

the game ON the pitch is 100 miles from what it used to be (for the worse ) they cant go in hard now or challenge a keeper!!the lists endless.... not sayin any club should sell its soul... but money is a massive factor at the minute!!! iv some oil billionaire came in and took the hammers to a league title and success in europe...would you not be a little bit buzzing?

I meant the game in terms of what its about......essentially,its a competition to see who wins and who loses.....nothing changed has it ?

And ive said for many years i feel sorry for fans of clubs like Man City/Chelsea.............their identity has been stolen from under their noses........if my club was taken over by a foreign billionaire who bought success id stop going,simple.

• Like 3

I don't know here Gnasher. You've gotta be careful what you wish for, would you prefer gung ho attacking football, score a few but concede lots and possibly end up getting beat? Or sit back and earn a point that goes towards Premiership survival?

Better to be a mid table Prem side that picks up points away at the likes of Liverpool than right at the foot of the table because your defense is wide open and you're leaking goals...

Just my opinion, but most teams in the Prem would be chuffed with a point at Anfield. They aren't the power house they used to be but they've still got something about them :yes:

Firstly,we are safe......its highly unlikely we are going down so for me its Thankyou and goodbye Mr Allardyce.........this club has spent 90% of its time in the top flight of English football by playing fast attacking flair type football..............ok it took us down a few years back but shit happens.

We havent won at Liverpool for over 50 years............but i guarentee you the majority of proper West Ham fans will be more disappointed with the way we got a point yesterday than the way we have been beaten in previous years.

2 good points mentioned on this thread that I would love to see introduced. Low wages with high win bonuses, if that doesn't get them playing then nothing will and 3 points for a win and nothing else.... Great ideas them.

There was a team that played up here in the SPL until last season, very negative footballing side, defend for 90 mins and try and score on the break. They even reached the Uefa Cup final doing this. It was embarrassing to watch and many top players commented on there anti football. This style only works when your winning... When your loosing it bites you on the arse. Big time...:-)

It's like anything else in football, you have to use your head......some teams you have to shut up shop and hope to nick a goal........Liverpool are no longer one of those teams.

Any football team should be going up there and going after them as, psychologically they have more to loose against a team like west ham.

I have always been of the opinion, don't worry about the other team....make the other team worry about you!

• Like 1

I reckon they should introduce a one point bonus for scoring more than 3 goals or something simalar, kind of what they've done with rugby and the bonus point you get for scoring more than 5 tries in certain competitions. The game has become more about not loosing than winning these days and a bonus point would be a great incentive for teams to go all out for goals..

The game has become more about not loosing than winning these days and a bonus point would be a great incentive for teams to go all out for goals..

Part of the reason Americans have never embraced football is they just cant get their head round the fact we play a match for 90 minutes and nobody wins............ok we all laugh at them when they say things like " dont you play overtime when its a tie " :D ............but after all said and done sport is about competition not survival...............think how much better the game would be if you got 1 point for winning...............and thats it !!....0 for a draw and 0 for a loss............if points are drawn at the end of the season it go,s to goal average.

It would make every single game a club plays an essential win none of this desperately hanging on for a draw its embarrassing......competetion is about victory or defeat it pains me to say it but im starting to think the yanks are right.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Wait until more and more games are bubble matches with restrictive travel like criminals allardyce is obviously a decent manager he got west ham up and kept them up cant be cavalier all the time points on the board are the most important things due ti financial implications of relegation. Flair footballs obviously more attractive but id take a ground out 1-0 over a 4-3 defeat every weekend just my opinion and i dont think booing will help