Wild Buzzard!!!!!!!!!

Joycey

Well i understand what all of you are saying, but being a falconer my self i will not knock this buzzard on the head unless i feel the need to do so..ie: it starts to deteriorate or can not be released back into the wild..

but things are changing with it, i got home from work yday and the buzzard had been eating the rabbit i left in its flyte so that is a good sign, plus its going to the vets later for a check up, so if all goes well il give it a week or so to feed it up then i will release it..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes yes they only eat slugs and worms blah blah blah. Its a bird thats injured.....if you want to keep it and fix it then on ye go....if i want to knock it on the head then on ye go. If it was a pigeo

Well if there's a injured animal yes give it a few days see if it get better GREAT if not let nature take its toll all put in out it's misery nothing worse seeing injured animal!

Sounds like its struggling......chap it on the heed!!!

Well i understand what all of you are saying, but being a falconer my self i will not knock this buzzard on the head unless i feel the need to do so..ie: it starts to deteriorate or can not be released back into the wild..

but things are changing with it, i got home from work yday and the buzzard had been eating the rabbit i left in its flyte so that is a good sign, plus its going to the vets later for a check up, so if all goes well il give it a week or so to feed it up then i will release it..

just hope no one reports you !! for having a wild bird with out the approval of defra see to recall one gent getting taken to court over an eagle he rescued not worth the risk imop :thumbs:

just hope no one reports you !! for having a wild bird with out the approval of defra see to recall one gent getting taken to court over an eagle he rescued not worth the risk imop :thumbs:

that story was ubelivable and he had the authority in the first place, the rspca said they xrayed all the rabbits for lead shot :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

When you take the buzzard to the vets get him to make a statment of the birds condition. As to if the bird could survive in the wild at the present.

TC

I will, im in the vets 15:20 today il get all that i need off em and in writing....

Forgetting for a second that Buzzards are dirty b*****ds.

Don't give it up to the RSPCA, they will kill it quicker than much else, because they no feck all about them.

Get it to a BOP sanctury and out your hair.

well took the buzzard to vets on Fri, and everything is fine, she said id done a great job and it is fit for relese, she even wrote me a letter saying that its a wild take and i was looking after it till its relese, so i covered my arse there lol... its eyes and feet are fine, at the moment im feeding it up then think il relese it weds or thurs... so thats my good deed done for this year lol..

thanks for everyone who replyed...job done..

good job i never just knocked it on the head eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear its doing well! I must admit Id of tried to nurse it back to health too if I couldn't get it to a sanctuary. Love wild birds of prey, I'm lucky i'm not too far from two BOP places now, had to drop in a barn owl last year I found looking very confused at the side of the road.